Forums
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 18th Nov 2008 3:48am
just spotted this on ebay raftl

Make: FORD
Model: MONDEO MK3
Year: 2004
Engine: 2.0 TDCI 16v
Transmission: 5 SPEED MANUAL
Mileage: 60,000
Doors: 4
Fuel: PETROL
Colour: GOLD
Colour Code: L3

Full Details Here
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 18th Nov 2008 9:53am
A That canrt be right lol TDI petrol raftl
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 18th Nov 2008 9:54am
Originally Posted by Mondeo_Scott
just spotted this on ebay raftl

Make: FORD
Model: MONDEO MK3
Year: 2004
Engine: 2.0 TDCI 16v
Transmission: 5 SPEED MANUAL
Mileage: 60,000
Doors: 4
Fuel: PETROL
Colour: GOLD
Colour Code: L3

Full Details Here
raftl raftl raftl raftl Well funny

i think what he was ment to say is

mondeo 2.0 ltr 16v duratec
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 18th Nov 2008 10:40am
maybe he thinks he's the only bloke in the world to own a diesel car that takes petrol!! thumbsup

even i'm not that stupid (there's a sticker by the fuel cap that reminds me just in case) doh
Posted By: golfvr Re: Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 18th Nov 2008 12:17pm
Well here is a wierd one,
My sister has a Reno Twingo Turbo,

This car was built by the Tuning company called Van aaken, and they used a Vw Tdi Turbo on a 1.3cc petrol engine.
smile
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 19th Nov 2008 7:20pm
Originally Posted by golfvr
Well here is a wierd one,
My sister has a Reno Twingo Turbo,

This car was built by the Tuning company called Van aaken, and they used a Vw Tdi Turbo on a 1.3cc petrol engine.
smile

If ive just read that right, that someones put a diesel turbo on a petrol engine, then that wont last long. Im lead to believe that the turbo cant handle the extra strain, revs and more boost and therefore extra heat created by a petrol engine. The blade angles are also wrong for a Petrol.

I think you can buy massive diesel turbo's for about 50p on on ebay, perfect for a big power skyline or supra, based on the petrol variant, whereas the petrol equivilent costs over £1000 purely because of the abuse their designed for.

Can anyone shed light on that for us if im right?

Funny subject actually, petty DIEsel cars, i recently read somewhere that theyre trying to create spark combustion engines running on diesel to allow greater fuel economy and emmisions aswell as greater control of engine management and timing.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fords Newest Engine the PETROL TDCI - 19th Nov 2008 11:56pm
Bit of flint on the piston, bit of sandpaper on head - who needs electrics?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral