Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Lexus IS-F 'lite' - 28th Oct 2008 1:00pm
[Linked Image]

If you like the look of the IS-F, but can do without the grunt, this is the Lexus for you!

Revealed at Australia’s Sydney Motor Show, it’s called the IS250 Sports Concept. And it’s much closer to a production reality than its name suggests. The newcomer is based around the standard IS250, and it retains that model’s 2.5-litre V6 petrol powerplant. But just about everything else has been tweaked.

A new braking package is fitted, adding larger cross-drilled discs all-round for improved stopping power. The suspension is also upgraded to include Bilstein dampers and springs, while body flex is reduced thanks to anti-roll bars stiffening up the chassis.

A performance air intake and a sports exhaust help up power to 210bhp, while other modifications include a harder-wearing clutch and a short-shift kit for the manual gearbox. And to make it look more like the V8-engined IS-F, Lexus has added front and rear lip spoilers, chunky side skirts and 19-inch graphite grey alloys.

Bosses say the IS Sports Concept is designed to attract younger customers to the brand – but sadly not in the UK. For the moment at least, Lexus plans to release the saloon only in the US and Australia.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Lexus IS-F 'lite' - 28th Oct 2008 7:49pm
We need the IS350. The IS250 is only a competitor to the 325i really, and the IS220d is a competitor to the 320d. I reckon theyd sell more with an IS200 320i competitor and an IS350 330i/335i competitor.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Lexus IS-F 'lite' - 28th Oct 2008 9:29pm
for that type of car i think it needs more power
© Wirral-Wikiwirral