Forums
Posted By: mr_binky parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 11:53am
hi guys n galls sorry i havnt been on for a while but thought this may interest you, I have received a fix penalty notice for parking my car outside my house !!!!!!!! it states the offence is parking on the offside at night help its offence code 084 is some police officer takin the mick out of me please reply
Posted By: chriskay Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 12:35pm
If you park facing against the direction of traffic at night, you need lights on.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 12:38pm
...I suggest side lights - head lights on a parked car facing the oncoming traffic is one of my many automotive pet hates!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 12:43pm
Originally Posted by mr_binky
hi guys n galls sorry i havnt been on for a while but thought this may interest you, I have received a fix penalty notice for parking my car outside my house !!!!!!!! it states the offence is parking on the offside at night help its offence code 084 is some police officer takin the mick out of me please reply

hate to tell you...but it is technically an offence to park on the offside at night facing the wrong way!
You arent being had over but it is a little harsh
Appeal..write a grovelling letter telling them you parked it in daylight and didnt realise til you came out later in the night to find yourself with a ticket..you might get lucky
Posted By: peodude Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 12:56pm
I thought it was only on a road 40mph or over you had to have sidelights on.

What is the name of the road in question? I'm guessing it must be a main one, or they are just being arses
Posted By: mr_binky Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 1:27pm
no palatine road in wallasey a side street grrr
Posted By: MissGuided Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 1:39pm
PaganJay might have a good answer for you mr Binky
Posted By: mr_binky Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 1:43pm
ok will ask him lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 1:47pm
her - PJ's a lady smile
Posted By: mr_binky Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 1:50pm
oops lol
Posted By: sonyj Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:04pm
Well shes female.......lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:19pm
Watch it sony - thin ice...
Posted By: Wench Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:24pm
Originally Posted by sonyj
Well shes female.......lol

Ahem!!! whippy
Posted By: sonyj Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:29pm
no offence
Posted By: MissGuided Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:31pm
bollox lol
Posted By: sonyj Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:37pm
its just when you say lady i always get this picure of mrs bucket , mother in laws and old ladies having coffie mornings
Posted By: sonyj Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:40pm
thats not very LADY like......lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:40pm
oh ok - she's defintely not a lady lol - i just think of the transvestite laydees on bikes in little britain [Linked Image]
Posted By: Wench Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:42pm
Originally Posted by sonyj
its just when you say lady i always get this picure of mrs bucket , mother in laws and old ladies having coffie mornings

No offence taken - I was merely toying with you Sony wink I'm in too much pain today to take such things personally hon.

Bit of useless trivia - Mrs Bucket was head girl at my school happy

Enough said raftl
Posted By: sonyj Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:43pm
I didnt 1nt to mention them geezers lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:44pm
PJ I'm going to the dr about my hip tomorrow - just to keep everybody happy lol
Posted By: Wench Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:45pm
As for the original reason for this thread - I'm scanning through Blackstone's and can't find anything so far. My suggestion would be to either do as Auditastic says and write the grovelling letter or just pay the fine.

I feel he is more likely to be better on this subject than me as it's his area (no insult intended Audi wink ) I'll see what I can find out though.

Posted By: Wench Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 5:47pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
PJ I'm going to the dr about my hip tomorrow - just to keep everybody happy lol

GOOD!!! If I have to go through what I went through today then why should you get off so easily raftl

I need stronger drugs!!!

Posted By: peodude Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 6:48pm
Best place to go is either http://www.5ive-o.org/forum/index.php or http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php or even both.

Was it issued by the council or the police? If the police then i think the only way is court, and the first site more helpful, if council, then the second site will go through everything they can to get you off it.
Posted By: mr_binky Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 10:43pm
it was a police ticket so it looks like court hmmm well thanks for all your help guys and galls and sorry pj didnt mean to start all this lol hehe
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: parking violations grrrr - 30th Sep 2008 11:03pm
Originally Posted by mr_binky

Sorry only just noticed this post, anyway it is an offence if your side lights were off at the time (they usualy take photographic evidence btw).

I bought a car from auction last year and it broke down on Leasowe Rd (by the golf course) because of its situation and as there was a st light out i pushed it over the embankment onto the opposite side of the Rd as it was safer due to more light and the fact peeps often speed on that strech by the golf course.

I forgot about it until about a week n half later (had quite few cars at the time) when i went to collect it it had gone. omg

It was at this time that i was told it was removed by the police under section blah blah due to the way it was parked.
The officer explained that because they could not trace me (i`d only just got it) & because the sidelights were not on of a night it had to be removed.

What i couldnt figure out is why they couldnt trace me when it was on the MID as i put every car i buy on there straight away? frown

I learnt my lesson the hard way, lol, i wont do that again, i lost my car as it was not worth the money to get it back out the pound.
Posted By: mr_binky Re: parking violations grrrr - 2nd Oct 2008 11:16am
well im glad it was my van and not the scooby, if they had taken that it would have killed me sorry to hear about your car ste and everyone welcome at the seacombe ferry ive just taken the pub on and need all the help i can get so see ya all down here
© Wirral-Wikiwirral