Forums
Posted By: Beemertastic R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 2:23pm
Well folks..it happened yesterday...some idiot jumped a red light and t-boned my audi..with me in it! (not the best thing to do a traffic cop!)
Needless to say he stopped..and is insured etc..except ive just got it back from have the ding in the door fixed.
it looks like now it will be written off..all the airbags inside went off..and the entire offside is fkd!
Just mad as it was finally sorted!
I got strapped down and carted off to A n E in an ambo..a very humilating experience to say the least..nothing broken. Except my car!!!
Does anyone know a half decent solicitor for my claim??
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 2:27pm
Ouch man, doesnt sound good whatsoever.

Good to hear your ok though mate thumbsup thumbsup

Was he young or old??

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 2:29pm
late 30's..it was the junction of prenton hall rd/woodchurch rd..he "misread" the filter left green sign as ok to go straight on to Holmlands drive..idiot!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 3:12pm
Gutted for you!! Don't think just because you feel alright now that you will still feel the same in a few days. Physical damage doesn't always appear immediately no

As for your claim - see PM wink
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 4:32pm
sorry to hear this mate

as long as you are ok

do they realise you are a traffic officer ?
i would love to see thier face when/if you tell them
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 5:20pm
Perhaps it was revenge bud, did the guy look familiar, perhaps some one you busted not so long ago fight
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 6:13pm
Gutted frown

At least yoyur ok matey.

Pity, as its just as you got the car to somewhere you where happy with it again.

If a good deal of the airbags have gone off, chances are its gonna be a write off - time for a new 'un like the courtesy car you had a month or so ago wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 8:14pm
Sorry to hear that mate, at least your ok, THATS all that matters im afraid! Car i can sympathyse with but can be replaced/repaired, YOU, thats a different matter!!
I know Pagan has PM`d you, but a good solicitors ive always used (since my first bout with the law at 16!!) is Roberts moore Nicholas Jones, Hamilton Square. JERRY PASCHER is the man to see, John Weate is a good friend of mine if you want to drop names!!
Keep smiling and you can buy me a pint with your clam money!!Ha Ha. raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 8:44pm
lol..thanks everyone..feeling v sore n stiff right about now..
I didnt recognise him..and his face was priceless when i actually told him i was a traffic cop...the colour just seemed to drain out of it for some strange reason. raftl

the problem is if they write off the car they will give me book price which is about 6500....not enought to actually replace what ive got there....hence why i would almost rather they fixed it!
If they do write if off...im gona have to find something similar..and pay several k extra to get something half decent...GRR!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 8:45pm
oh and i looked at new one...like i had last month..audi are falling over themselves to sell me one...except i havent got 600 quid per month for one like that!!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 8:53pm
It doesnt HAVE to be an Audi mate, and we dont mind you keeping the same name, dont have to change it :
Nissantastic
Fordtastic
Merctastic
Bmtastic
Hondatastic
Kiatastic (sorry, getting REALY silly now!!!)
Skodatastic has a ring to it dont you think?? (get my coat, eh?)
yes

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 8:56pm
lol..its gotta be an audi mate....thats the 3rd one ive had...i jst like them, and after it saved me getting seriously messed up...i kinda want another one...if you get my logic...?

plus skodatastic dont have the same kinda ring to it...
Posted By: chiccy Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 9:12pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic
oh and i looked at new one...like i had last month..audi are falling over themselves to sell me one...except i havent got 600 quid per month for one like that!!!
it was GORGEOUS that tho wink
Posted By: chiccy Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 9:12pm
p.s glad ur ok xx
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 20th Sep 2008 11:11pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
It doesnt HAVE to be an Audi mate, and we dont mind you keeping the same name, dont have to change it :
Nissantastic
Fordtastic
Merctastic
Bmtastic
Hondatastic
Kiatastic (sorry, getting REALY silly now!!!)
Skodatastic has a ring to it dont you think?? (get my coat, eh?)
yes

pmsl, doesn't even have to be a car bud, can be some thing different

helicoptertastic
boattastic
tramtastic
rockettastic

and my personel favorite......... hover - fantastic smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 12:35am
gutted mate, wot model audi did u have a few months ago? £600 a month, can only assume it was a top model? lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 12:50am
Gutted for ye bud,

At least your ok[Linked Image]
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 7:15am
If they write it off and pay you out - can you then buy the car back from the insurers?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 9:52am
Gutted.

Buy the car back for peanuts and sell most bits, but keep the bits you want wink
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 11:45am
unlucky for the smash, if its any consolation I know of a few vans for sale! thumbsup
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 12:09pm
Originally Posted by Sir_longmong
I know of a few vans for sale! thumbsup

lmfbo.

gutted for your loss, but as has been said already buy it back and break it for parts, make the best car out of 2.

Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 4:13pm
Well folks..it happened yesterday...some idiot jumped a red light and t-boned my audi..with me in it! (not the best thing to do a traffic cop!)
Needless to say he stopped..and is insured etc..except ive just got it back from have the ding in the door fixed.
it looks like now it will be written off..all the airbags inside went off..and the entire offside is fkd!
Just mad as it was finally sorted!
I got strapped down and carted off to A n E in an ambo..a very humilating experience to say the least..nothing broken. Except my car!!!

Does anyone know a half decent solicitor for my claim??

i,ll get rta team to phone you

Yer dude i have got a good firm pm me wiv number wink

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 21st Sep 2008 6:41pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
gutted mate, wot model audi did u have a few months ago? £600 a month, can only assume it was a top model? lol

had brand new 08 plate s-line 2.7 tdi with full sat nav, led running lights etc...
hopefully should get the same one tommorrow..whilst they decide what they are gonna do with mine...

having had a look online last night..thats the nerest to what ive got..except it will need a cambelt..so add another grand to that price!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380063837123
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 7:28pm
ok
had a look at the beasty today..its had it..the chassis leg is bent...not to mention the valance, bonnet offside headlight, front wing, both doors and rear quater panel all fkd too..plus curtian and seat airbag deployed...
and thats what i could just see...i dont want it back now..even after all the work ive put into it.

Need to find another car...but what will it or should it be???

Open to suggestions..just not a fkin VAN people!!

would upload the fotos of it but am such a biff when it comes to computer i dont know how!

meantime i get myself another brand new A4...same spec as last time!!! whoha!!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 7:33pm

Van drivers have feelings too you know! raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 8:40pm

im sure they do..i just dont want a van...lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 8:50pm
Sorry but i`ve already picked for you.

If your gonna get Finance dont beat around the bush, go for the best grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 8:59pm
or an S6
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 9:22pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Sorry but i`ve already picked for you.

If your gonna get Finance dont beat around the bush, go for the best grin

[Linked Image]

*drools*

They are INCREDIBLY sexy cars!!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 9:38pm
lol..id love one..but if i cant afford a new a4 sline...i dnt think im gonna be in the market for one of those...but damn they are gorgeous cars!

So its either a bmw 330d or a A4 2.5 tdi quattro sport..or a Audi tt (225) or a porsche boxster 2.5 or 2.7 with a hardtop........

Whats it gonna be folks?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 9:42pm
hopefully ill get an idea or two...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 9:47pm
not fussy on the older shaped tt or boxster, toss up between the 2 above then, probs say the a4 - but that's just my personal preference.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:04pm
well dont forget to vote folks....
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:08pm
Audi a4 2.5 Quattro sport - not bad
Bmw 330d sport - mans car
Boxster - Poor mans Porsche
Audi TT - Girls car

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:15pm
well dont forget to vote folks....

i voted when i posted lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:20pm
yup...except ive got three votes..for 3 different cars..lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:21pm
just go for the one thats not been voted for then lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:23pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
just go for the one thats not been voted for then lol

lol..the point was to help me decide on a car...not confuse me further! lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 10:25pm
smack withstupid

Well I'd say either the A4 or the 330D, definately not the bottom 2
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 22nd Sep 2008 11:30pm
A4 for me thumbsup

( Or a Fireblade yes )
Posted By: peodude Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 12:01am
I'd add Mercedes to your list as well, well worth a look
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 12:03am
Originally Posted by peodude
I'd add Mercedes to your list as well, well worth a look

imo overpriced for wot u get
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 2:35am
You dont want a boxster, take one for a test drive, you wont like it no

Go for the Bmw yes
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 2:38am
Nah, Jibbed, I voted, and I say Audi..

Have you thought about an S3 ??
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 8:25am
Ive driven all 4...or rather given all 4 a thorough spanking...lol
mercs not an option..they tend to do autos..and im a manual kinda guy unless its a DSG box...plus e-class mercs have the bigger diesel engines..and they are old gits cars..lol
An s3...older ones are basically TT's with different body..hard to get one not been thrashed tbh...
And i had a mk4 golf 4 a bit b4 the audi a4...and it didnt set my world alight tbh!..hence why I havent really entertained the s3..but havent completely ruled it out...
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 8:27am
tbh..the TT and the boxster are more along the lines of.."Buy the silver one...get the blonde one free...".
But as ive got stunning gfriend at the mo...i dont need a cock extension aswell really...lol!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 8:34am
The headmaster at my kids' school has a silver TT. I think its a bit of a cliche - he's probably on some ridiculous salary. I think he could have chosen better. Oh yeah - better not be a free blonde as he's just married one of the other teachers and she's a brunette lol
Posted By: lawton Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 11:05am
i voted for the TT. i quite like that and have you ever seen any on massive rims and slammed? they look lovely
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 12:07pm
Well, ya say that, but Outside a House, near Pomps, some lad has a Lilac TT, with huge bodykit, and halfrauds rear wing, looks like he came crashing out the Fast and the Furious Film Set..

Put me off them for life, plus Top Gear always slate it etc....but its completely down to your personal preference at the end of the day, and your needs etc.. thumbsup

(eg...may be jumping the gun a bit, but what if said GF becomes pregnant??)
Posted By: peodude Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 12:20pm
You have a point about the Mercs, can't beat a good old Manual box

I think the TT was good when it came out, however i think they have become a bit common and plain now.

The Porsche, i'm not a big fan of the Porsches, dunno why, but they never really appeal to me.

That leaves the BMW and the Audi, i do like the Audi's and i'm considering one for the next car. BWM i'd probably look at 5 series than 3 series, 5 is a bit more upmarket than the 3.

Thinking outside the box, what about a Mazda 6, i have one at the moment and i think they are good cars, and are reliable too. Seems you are looking more at executive makes though
Posted By: golfvr Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 12:35pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
some lad has a Lilac TT, with huge bodykit, and halfrauds rear wing, looks like he came crashing out the Fast and the Furious Film Set..

If its near the acorn pub, I know the guy who owns it,,(an ex doorman!!!!)
The car has massive engine upgrades,and should go really well,but it spends most of its life going to Oxford for engine re-working)

Would look much better smoothed and de-spoilered
Posted By: Pomp Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 1:15pm
Originally Posted by golfvr
some lad has a Lilac TT, with huge bodykit, and halfrauds rear wing, looks like he came crashing out the Fast and the Furious Film Set..

If its near the acorn pub, I know the guy who owns it,,(an ex doorman!!!!)
The car has massive engine upgrades,and should go really well,but it spends most of its life going to Oxford for engine re-working)

Would look much better smoothed and de-spoilered

Thats the one he's on about
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 2:13pm

(eg...may be jumping the gun a bit, but what if said GF becomes pregnant??)

Not a chance..shes got more of a pathological disliking of kids than me..she rides horses...and if she doesnt ride everyday shes like a bear with a sore head..lol..so the very thought of not being able to ride for 9 months plus puts her off to say the least!

Dont like the maza mx6..the wankel engine is just that...a load of wankel..lol!

The TT in purple is a monstrosity i agree...you know me..less is more always...

The boxster may be poor mans porsche but they go fkin well..and handle well too..

keep the votes coming!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 4:16pm
if she doesnt ride everyday shes like a bear with a sore head

What about an M3 think

The other 4 are so very very diffferent - 2 diesel with 5 seats, and 2, 2 seater sports cars (I know the Audi has 4 seats, but anyone over 4 will have trouble fitting in them.

My opionion - Audi TT - Gay! End of, just a homos car.

Boxster - Poor mans 911, and if you thought Audis where expensive if they go wrong.... omg

Id go for the 330d out of the other 2 (mainly as I already have one lol) as I prefer the RWD rather than the AWD, build wise, and cost to run Id say there wasnt much in it so its all down to personal preference.

...I would seriously consider the M3 though, especially if you have considered the TT and Boxster over a regular-ish 5 seater think
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 5:44pm

im sure they do..i just dont want a van...lol

do you not think "vantastic" has a ring to it?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 5:59pm
Bmw 330d, remap by Motorsport Developments. Very close to the E46 M3 performance (midrange)

Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 23rd Sep 2008 6:15pm
How bout M3 Coupe???
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 9:35am
m3..they chew petrol..and were cocks car of choice..just a little too bling for me tbh...but have considered...

its really down to choice between a 330d and a4 quattro...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 9:46am
got to be the bmw sir smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 10:08am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
got to be the bmw sir smile

has it now..the votes dont say so!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 10:14am
Tut tut, all these silly people no
If your going for an Audi the R6 in an achievement otherwise go for the BMW for better build quality yes?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 10:25am
Here...

[Linked Image]

A much better choice if your going for Audi yes?

Not to snobbish or a posers car if thats what your worried about.

Can also be used on the track.

You can get a taste Here Click

? think

BTW These have incredible handling power.
My bosses mate has one of these in black, a wolf in sheeps clothing and totaly awesome.
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:05am
Even nicer is the Alpha Romeo Mi.To

Description: yummy
Attached picture alfa-romeo-mito3.jpg
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:06am
no?

Edit: just noticed it's a 4.2 v8, be a bit of a gas guzzler, nevermind lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:18am
if u havent ruled the TT out, here's a nice example. dont know where about u live but it's only 17 miles from new ferry

click
Posted By: peodude Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:20am
no?

It's Auto as well thumbsdown
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:21am
lol didnt even notice that!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:38am
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+S4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-50-59-62-89-173-240-4294959381-4294966997/advert.action?R=200838319216506&distance=139&postcode=ch436uw&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=S4&min_pr=10000&max_pr=16000&max_mileage=
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 11:57am
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-41-50-62-112-231-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200828313918327&distance=11&postcode=ch436uw&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=60000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-41-50-62-112-231-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200826313132727&distance=44&postcode=ch436uw&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=60000
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 12:04pm
if u havent ruled the TT out, here's a nice example. dont know where about u live but it's only 17 miles from new ferry

Originally Posted by auditastic
But as ive got stunning gfriend at the mo

Ruled that out ... hes already said hes not gay raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 12:05pm
lmao
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 12:57pm
no?

hmmm...now thats a car!
will have to take a looky see at that one!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 1:00pm
raftl ...and you said the M3 was thirsty!!

We all know the 3 is easily quicker on a track, but on a public road, with out weather, I guess the 4x4 makes sence.

However........

Im currently experiencing 4WD at the moment, and whilst its sure footed and very grippy, the drive is dull and unentertaining compaired to something RWD frown
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 1:06pm

[Linked Image]

The Audi TT is a definate No, as it is a car for homosexual men.

That Alfa is sexy as fook (Love alfas me), but it would break down every 10 miles or so. Youd still stand out though laugh

R6, what a handsome car that is, so understated yet so amazing.

BMW, I would have a BTCC one, but never have one on the road. To me, Modern BMWs are the epitomy of Boring Commuter/Businessmen who decided to not buy a Mercedes. Theyre nearly always Black or Silver, and they have a major design fault with the Indicators. Very Very boring cars, with no imagination (Just German Efficiency, like the Nazis)

Im gonna throw another car into the mix now, simply because they are one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

Alfa Romeo 159

Just look at it bananalove bananalove

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 4:10pm

says the guy with a micra tease - just messin lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 4:17pm
no?

hmmm...now thats a car!
will have to take a looky see at that one!

just had a quick look at them pics of it, correct me if im wrong but is that not bromborough/dibbensdale woods?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 4:45pm
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200836317926219&distance=17&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200835317383816&distance=89&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200839319339059&distance=81&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200838319311599&distance=34&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200838318845153&distance=38&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200832316075161&distance=57&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-24-42-50-62-86-119-240/advert.action?R=200839319370020&distance=75&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=10000&max_mileage=80000
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 6:33pm
Skyline..i see the logic..but jap cars leave me cold..sorry.
I didnt say this was easy!
Noce bmw..too high a mileage on it!

looking for something no more than 12g in reality...with about 70-80k on it...
the s6 is gorgeous...love it..think it wud just be too expensive to run
love big cubic inch engines...and riding the torque wave that comes as a result...dont like small highly stressed engines.

how picky am i?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 6:37pm
more like this one...http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-22-51-62-86-112-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200837318776109&distance=81&postcode=CH43+1TR&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=7000&max_pr=8000&max_mileage=
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 7:03pm
liking this ..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380063837123
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 7:05pm
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/BMW+3+SERIES/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-51-85-144-169-240-4294967201-4294967202/advert.action?R=200819309708104&distance=16&postcode=CH43+1TR&channel=CARS&make=BMW&model=3+SERIES&min_pr=6000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 8:23pm
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/BMW+3+SERIES/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-51-85-144-169-240-4294967201-4294967202/advert.action?R=200819309708104&distance=16&postcode=CH43+1TR&channel=CARS&make=BMW&model=3+SERIES&min_pr=6000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

liking it except its automatic...
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 24th Sep 2008 8:30pm

[Linked Image]

That Alfa is sexy as fook (Love alfas me), but it would break down every 10 miles or so. Youd still stand out though laugh

R6, what a handsome car that is, so understated yet so amazing.

BMW, I would have a BTCC one, but never have one on the road. To me, Modern BMWs are the epitomy of Boring Commuter/Businessmen who decided to not buy a Mercedes. Theyre nearly always Black or Silver, and they have a major design fault with the Indicators. Very Very boring cars, with no imagination (Just German Efficiency, like the Nazis)

Im gonna throw another car into the mix now, simply because they are one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

Alfa Romeo 159

Just look at it bananalove bananalove

[Linked Image]

i know alfas are ptrolheads dream car..and fk me its a gorgeous car..but u know it will break..every time u need it not to...and its Front wheel drive...no good...sorry!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 25th Sep 2008 11:27am
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-89-112-169-191-231-240/advert.action?R=200834317124052&distance=39&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-89-112-169-191-231-240/advert.action?R=200822310990387&distance=61&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-89-112-169-191-231-240/advert.action?R=200823311412102&distance=14&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-89-112-169-191-231-240/advert.action?R=200839319578314&distance=98&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/advert+search/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-89-112-169-191-231-240/advert.action?R=200836317781589&distance=67&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-62-89-112-169-231-240-4294966997/advert.action?R=200839319410958&distance=60&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-62-89-112-169-231-240-4294966997/advert.action?R=200823311596763&distance=14&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-42-62-89-112-169-231-240-4294966997/advert.action?R=200828314198854&distance=74&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=&min_pr=10000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=80000

some more food for thought!!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 26th Sep 2008 6:06pm
Beemer

A4
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 27th Sep 2008 6:05pm
WELL THE VOTES ARE IN..ITS ANOTHER AUDI A4 QUATTRO!.
(Now ive just gotta get paid out on my other one!)
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 27th Sep 2008 6:33pm
not bad if you have a job that pays enough so you can buy a car that goes fast and then hand out tickets to people who can only afford to do 90 down leasowe road. only winding you up tinker, good luck with the claim
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 27th Sep 2008 7:26pm
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-51-62-88-112-169-191-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200822311020145&distance=168&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=9000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-51-62-88-112-169-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200835317533871&distance=94&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=9000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-51-62-88-112-169-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200829314620425&distance=110&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=9000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-51-62-88-112-169-240-4294966653-4294966997/advert.action?R=200833316776936&distance=131&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=9000&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=

there's a few for ya!

(the last one imo looks great with that kit - not ott at all and only 24k on the clock! saying that, the rear view of the first one looks great as well, very aggressive lookin but simple also!
Posted By: dave_g Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 27th Sep 2008 8:12pm
the latest a4 is a sweet lookin car,if it got a RS in front of the 4 even better!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 27th Sep 2008 9:39pm
Originally Posted by rentaclown100
not bad if you have a job that pays enough so you can buy a car that goes fast and then hand out tickets to people who can only afford to do 90 down leasowe road. only winding you up tinker, good luck with the claim

Not that I want to get on your bad side, but would you do his job for that amount of money?? The amount of abuse they get - think about it.

Plus you do realise, your card is now marked sweetheart raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 27th Sep 2008 10:21pm
Stick with an Audi or your forum name makes no sense yes
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 28th Sep 2008 3:33pm
Originally Posted by dave_g
the latest a4 is a sweet lookin car,if it got a RS in front of the 4 even better!!!

or just an S - but yea, both look great and are rather quick!!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 28th Sep 2008 5:01pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Stick with an Audi or your forum name makes no sense yes

Unless he became a Cowboy with a Yorkshire accent.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 10:55am
Originally Posted by rentaclown100

Well..look at it it this way....whos the stupid one?

And you gotta remember when people give you abuse at work..you pretty much just gotta take it...I don't...people piss me off they either get locked up..or at the very least they get a ticket..lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 1:20pm
Way it should be, Police dont get nearly as much respect as they deserve, people do wrong, they mouth off, even if they're in the wrong. Police are there to keep everyone safe, so anyone gives you any jip, should be a straight baton to the back of the legs.

Come any closer to a decision yet??
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 1:31pm
so anyone gives you any jip, should be a straight baton to the back of the legs.

back of the head with some of the idiots out there
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 3:32pm
lol..still waiting for decision on wether they write it off or not..but think its gonna be another audi a4 quattro.
found out yday im a bit more mangled that first thought..done my knee, hip, pelvis, back in 4 places and neck...and am still pretty sore...and off work!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 5:10pm
lol..still waiting for decision on wether they write it off or not..but think its gonna be another audi a4 quattro.
found out yday im a bit more mangled that first thought..done my knee, hip, pelvis, back in 4 places and neck...and am still pretty sore...and off work!

Keep a detailed list of all visits to GP, Hospital, Clinics etc. Get copies of letters from hospital just in case they get "lost" - they often do. You have a corking claim there mate. One of my first questions would be why didn't the hospital spot the injuries when they happened - unless they are muscular then fair do's.

It won't quite enough for a Veyron though raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 6:09pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay

Keep a detailed list of all visits to GP, Hospital, Clinics etc. Get copies of letters from hospital just in case they get "lost" - they often do. You have a corking claim there mate. One of my first questions would be why didn't the hospital spot the injuries when they happened - unless they are muscular then fair do's.

It won't quite enough for a Veyron though raftl

lol...my background is medicine..and i thought id done a bit more...went and saw my mum..whos a physio and she confirmed my fears yesterday...im fkin sore still!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 8:18pm
did you get any pics of your smashed up car bud
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 9:12pm
My background is Nursing and Theatre work, that's why I was a bit concerned the other day when you said you were ok.

Take care of yourself star!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 9:49pm
My background is Nursing and Theatre work, that's why I was a bit concerned the other day when you said you were ok.

'Star' he's a mean old traffic bobby, stop being nice people, were not ment to like them party raftl
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 9:58pm
that's you getting stopped at his next opportunity
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 10:27pm
joyride seeyu
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 29th Sep 2008 11:20pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez

'Star' he's a mean old traffic bobby, stop being nice people, were not ment to like them party raftl

Not all "janitors" are bad raftl He's done nothing to me so I like him smile If he proves me wrong, then that will change. At the end of the day - it's just his job. People are quick to slate the police, but even quicker to call them when they need them - double standards! I'd rather have them than not. JMPO and no offence meant to anyone! For the record, I don't drive so have no ulterior motive for being nice.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 30th Sep 2008 9:19am

Not all "janitors" are bad raftl He's done nothing to me so I like him smile If he proves me wrong, then that will change. At the end of the day - it's just his job. People are quick to slate the police, but even quicker to call them when they need them - double standards! I'd rather have them than not. JMPO and no offence meant to anyone! For the record, I don't drive so have no ulterior motive for being nice.

dunno twas a joke J smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 30th Sep 2008 12:49pm
...so whats th Crack Audi? Write off, or not.... :Think:

Any pics?
Posted By: mr_binky Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 30th Sep 2008 1:40pm
im using michael w halsall for my accident with the fto and they seem very good the address is 2 the parks, newton-le-willows. the phone number is 01942 727000, sorry to hear about ur car bud let all red light jumpers and side street pull outers die a horible death
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 12:06pm
[quote=PaganJay]My background is Nursing and Theatre work, that's why I was a bit concerned the other day when you said you were ok.

dunno twas a joke J smile [/quote]

Sorry Sanchez - it's just one of my buttons and you pushed it raftl

Am I forgiven?? pray
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 4:55pm
lol well folks...am back from holiday..and things arent so great!
picture the scene : I was lying by the pool with stunning gfriend wearing her tiny bikini happy and all is good with the world.
I mean..beer, fit gfriend , sun..and no work...life is good!

I then get a call from the A+E consultant

..er hello..we have looked at your Xray..and it seems that you might have broken your neck at C5, and we missed it at the time could you come back in and have a scan please...

....er not really as im in spain..

well when you get back could you drop by...in the meantime dont go bungee jumping or anything like that...

...gulp...ok

I got back wed am...and spent 8 hrs in A+E.
At one point they thought id broken my ankle, knee, lower back, right hand and neck.
Ct scan of my neck wasnt entirely clear but they "think" is isnt broken...but hand probably is..will have to wait til tues to find out.
Im so pissed with the medical world right now...and fkin consultants who have no manners or people skills and wont make decisions.
Im bored of recounting the story already..and still fkin sore!!!

No news on my audi yet...they still arent sure whats gonna happen with it..but got the new silver one back for now so at least i got wheels- not that im travelling very far or doing much at the mo!

phew..rant semi over as im too sore to carry on lol!

Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 5:34pm
wow, im shocked bud, and i totally agree with you on your experience with doc's that have no people skill, They think they have the god dam right to speak to you like a robot, my gp is such a Grrr.
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 8:02pm
Second claim for clinical negligence possibly on its way methinks!!

Have you got decent painkillers??
Posted By: dave_g Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 8:31pm

yeah drag the nhs down a bit more eh?clever monkeys...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 8:37pm
if they arnt slapped for medical neg, then they will get away with murder, like me and my car tax situation, one must learn some times the hard way from ones mistakes
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 8:50pm
Originally Posted by dave_g
yeah drag the nhs down a bit more eh?clever monkeys...

The payout for a claim like that does not come out of the NHS purse. Consultants have insurance for such eventualities and therefore pay for their own payouts via their premiums. Their Legal Fees are generally covered by the BMA which also does not come out of the NHS purse.

Even when I was working in the NHS, qualified staff were advised to take out personal insurance in the event of a law suit for negligence or malpractice.

Hope that helps Dave thumbsup
Posted By: MissGuided Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 9:14pm
Any idea which consultant you saw?
Usually a good bunch in there but they are very under-staffed at present so the pressure in there is like - well - a pressure cooker? No excuse for a blunder like that though.
As for the negligence PJ's right - they all have insurance with the Medical Defence Union, its expected as part of the job to take out this kind of insurance.
As a member of staff now quite involved with medical staff competencies I am sad to hear that you got as far as Spain before you got that call.
The good news is though that Wirral Trust has a very good standard of teaching and training - one of the top in the Mersey region. All grades get competency testing now - even the senior staff are getting appraisals which they all used to frown upon. But they cannot get away with it any more because of the NHS Litigation Authority which is tightening up on these things. If we don't get it right they fine us heavily - in the region of millions.

*Please note I do not work in the Trust's PR dept - not sure we even have one!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 10:27pm
Well..i got the usual the docotor that signed off on the lateral impact was a junior doc..and he shouldnt have etc..hes "been spoken to" and "the exercise has now been used as a learning experience for all the junior docs " bullshit patter.
As it stands though if its not broken..(which they are seemingly now trying to tell me despite having seen the x-ray which shows a definite change on the morphology)..i dont have any sort of claim against the doc in question
its not about the money..its about i now have a dodgy neck...that should have been picked up first time and not nearly 2 weeks after!
Its my body and ive got to live with it and the consequences of the dmage for the rest of!
im sick of them dodging the questions and telling me to go back to the Gp...(who knows fk all about neck trauma!) and he will deal with it...i mean WTF!!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 10:28pm
if they arnt slapped for medical neg, then they will get away with murder, like me and my car tax situation, one must learn some times the hard way from ones mistakes

Nice comparison! he may have broke his neck which could have led to death or paralysis but its like your car getting clamped!!!!!!!

p.s dont refer to yourself as one, you look a tad daft!!!!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 10:28pm

and im sick of being monged on heavy painkillers...lol...but its the only way to get through the day!
Posted By: dave_g Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 10:33pm
Well..i got the usual the docotor that signed off on the lateral impact was a junior doc..and he shouldnt have etc..hes "been spoken to" and "the exercise has now been used as a learning experience for all the junior docs " bullshit patter.
As it stands though if its not broken..(which they are seemingly now trying to tell me despite having seen the x-ray which shows a definite change on the morphology)..i dont have any sort of claim against the doc in question
its not about the money..its about i now have a dodgy neck...that should have been picked up first time and not nearly 2 weeks after!
Its my body and ive got to live with it and the consequences of the dmage for the rest of!
im sick of them dodging the questions and telling me to go back to the Gp...(who knows fk all about neck trauma!) and he will deal with it...i mean WTF!!
and the police never get anythin wrong ever do they?even when they go on dates with a witness.....
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 10:43pm
stop moaning, your never likeley to hit your thumb with a hammer or cut yourself trying to get a pipe through a wall. i admire the police, i really do, but it sounds like your bleeding this for all you can get. in the politest way possible, you get paid enough, fup off
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 10th Oct 2008 11:49pm

Nice comparison! he may have broke his neck which could have led to death or paralysis but its like your car getting clamped!!!!!!!

raftl Thats "one's" point bud, If i forgot to tax my car, its not like any one's gonna get seriously hurt over it, but i get a whoppin fine and made to complete the impossable. Were as the consultant that saw audinotsotastic could of left him with a broken back, In my opinion, being subjected to the ways this contry like s to hand out punishment, i belive the consultance should have both his/her hand cut off and bleed dry, but is given a chance to resolve it, but it has to be really hard if not impossible to do.

Am a right or am a right
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 11th Oct 2008 12:30am
I'm ignoring this thread from now on because if I don't I can see my getting into trouble with the Mods.

All I will say is that some people need to remember that we are all humans and should not be judged by our jobs!! If you have a bad experience with a mechanic for example, you don't go round saying all mechanics are bad so why should it be that way for the Police!!!???

A missed injury like this has the potential to kill or leave someone in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives!!

The Consultant concerned should be severely reprimanded for this mistake - a House Officer or SHO under his/her supervision should be put on supervision but the buck stops with the Consultant!

In the NHS, certain jobs have more devastating consequences than just having a bad day at the office, a crap shift at the factory, someone in the shop not saying thank you or being cut up by another motorist.

If it was a member of your family would you be happy at such an injury being missed?? NO!! Didn't think so!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 11th Oct 2008 12:37am

raftl Thats "one's" point bud, If i forgot to tax my car, its not like any one's gonna get seriously hurt over it, but i get a whoppin fine and made to complete the impossable. Were as the consultant that saw audinotsotastic could of left him with a broken back, In my opinion, being subjected to the ways this contry like s to hand out punishment, i belive the consultance should have both his/her hand cut off and bleed dry, but is given a chance to resolve it, but it has to be really hard if not impossible to do.

Am a right or am a right

nah ur a tit and make less sense than me ... anyway...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 11th Oct 2008 12:39am
hang on dave, whats with the 'tit' any need
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 11th Oct 2008 12:49am
I'm ignoring this thread from now on because if I don't I can see my getting into trouble with the Mods.

All I will say is that some people need to remember that we are all humans and should not be judged by our jobs!! If you have a bad experience with a mechanic for example, you don't go round saying all mechanics are bad so why should it be that way for the Police!!!???

A missed injury like this has the potential to kill or leave someone in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives!!

The Consultant concerned should be severely reprimanded for this mistake - a House Officer or SHO under his/her supervision should be put on supervision but the buck stops with the Consultant!

In the NHS, certain jobs have more devastating consequences than just having a bad day at the office, a crap shift at the factory, someone in the shop not saying thank you or being cut up by another motorist.

If it was a member of your family would you be happy at such an injury being missed?? NO!! Didn't think so!

i gree totally, my point was............. we are all human, we all make mistakes 'thus why they put rubbers on the end of pencils', i forget me tax and get shafted, does the punishment suit the crime, so i wonder whats install for some one risking anothers life. By simply walking in to a hospital you are sujecting your self to help from others, and there fore should accept any mistakes made by a doctor etc etc. but this is why we had education and degree's, you need one to practice....pratice being the key word, medicine, otherwise we would all be doing it, and charging what we like, this goes on forever and ever.

point is me moaining as i think i got treated unfair for my crime, surly the consultant, with his her crime (which could of left some one paralised) should be punsied even harder than me - going by goverment ruling.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 11th Oct 2008 12:55am
if we have to pay for our treatment, which we do (nhs/national insurance), we should be given the optimum treatment.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 11th Oct 2008 12:57am
oh mannn, this all goes back to the illuminati
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 12th Oct 2008 12:07am
man...i didnt realise id caused this much grief!

ok..end of the day im alive..and not in a wheelchair. the world keeps turning. We are ALL human (well most of us lol) and we ALL make mistakes..me included.
You lot know what i do for a job...but this isnt about being a copper or anything to do with that...someone will always have something to say negative about coppers..fair enough it comes with the territory. Yes there are colleagues I am not impressed by and im sure nor are the public...but hey we arent perfect.

However what i object to is the insinuation Im trying to milk anyone or anything.

Ive had a bad crash...and got fkud up. Ironic considering the 1000s of miles i drive...both on and off duty...but shit happens.
All i want is actually to get my body back on track cuz its a right mess at the mo..and lots of painkillers arent good...i want my car as it was as i really liked it and had it just the way i want and i want to be back at work.
but hey i cant have any of the above so tough shit get on with it!

I ask peoples opinions on here because i dont know everything and i do value other peoles input and insights....end of!

writing about it either makes for light hearted amusement or some thought provoking insight should you or a loved one end up in the same mess that im in.

Hopefully eitherway...someone can learn from my fook ups (and other peoples!)

Hanging the doc out to dry isnt going to change shit...i walked away from medicine as some people know for a multiude of reasons.

Like lots of other people they do a shit job...under alot of pressure...and it can cost lives if they get it wrong.

But he wont do it again...and hopefully others will learn from it.

rant over...the world is still fkin turning...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 12th Oct 2008 12:52am
lol the world is slowing down, due to the economy... but that;sd another "thread"!

just keep ya chin up mate
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 12th Oct 2008 5:06pm
clapwell said audi, not bad for a busy clap
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 12th Oct 2008 6:15pm
very admerable of you bud, and well put thumbsup pc thumbsup
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 8th Dec 2008 10:05pm
lol..well update..the audi is well and truly fooked..looks like im buying a bmw 330d as a replacement..and im still off work....and still fkin sore.

problem is..auditastic doesnt make any sense now...

and bmwtastic...just doesnt quite have the same ring....
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 8th Dec 2008 10:06pm
Beemertastic ?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 8th Dec 2008 10:08pm
nah..not feelin it.....its just not the same....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 8th Dec 2008 11:20pm
how's about git !
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 8th Dec 2008 11:27pm
330d "Sport" me hopes??
GOOD choice mate! A very capable car.And no,I'm not biased in the slightest;)
2003 onwards cars are slightly improved,with more power and greater refinement...go for a car with BMW extended warranty if you can.

And I will personally,supervise some drifty,skidding action once you get it(not on the public road of course...no sir,not me,never lol)

Hope you are feelin better mate(got some knock-off painkillers if your not..lol)
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 9th Dec 2008 8:55am

i think a whole new name would be appropriate since it's gonna be a fresh start with ur new motor smile

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/BMW/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-23-42-51-62-113-231-240-4294967202/advert.action?R=200847323949973&distance=29&postcode=ch62+1dt&channel=CARS&make=BMW&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=9000&max_mileage=80000
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 9th Dec 2008 9:09am
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
330d "Sport" me hopes??

Of course its a sport!!!!....with full mpack sports kit on it..and running on 18s...

would I drive ANYTHING less?

lol!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 9th Dec 2008 12:47pm
lol..well update..the audi is well and truly fooked..looks like im buying a bmw 330d as a replacement..and im still off work....and still fkin sore.

How about 0d_tastic - similar.

...........................I'll get my coat seeyu
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 9th Dec 2008 6:48pm
not fancy a turbo'd micra?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 9th Dec 2008 9:36pm
not fancy a turbo'd micra?

yeah,,some one was saying what great cars they are....

you know..i think im gonna give the beemer a miss...go for a turbo'd micra..i mean fuk me...it just doesnt get any better than that now does it...

wtf?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 9th Dec 2008 10:33pm
lmfaoooo!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 10:07pm
Right..its now offcial..bought and paid for the beemer today..330d sport on an 03 plate with all the goodies you could want!

so..changed from auditastic..to beemertastic
Posted By: Waddi Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:02pm
nice mate, didnt you hsve one of these as a work car?

is it an M-Sport?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:16pm
Nice one Matey. As Long as your happy with it, doesnt matter what anyone else thinks happy

Youll have to get some pics up soon.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:19pm
Originally Posted by WADDI

is it an M-Sport?

of course!

Well..its happened...no longer a proud audi owner. I have sold my soul and gone to the other side....paid for it yesterday...330d on an 03 plate..full m-sport kit..18inch alloys, full leather, carbon fibre trim...everything you could want..inc heated seats!!!

Now heres the sucker..its got 3 mitchelin pilot sports...and a cheap nasty federal tyre on the rear right.... that needs changing asap!

The tyres are staggered..the fronts being slightly narrower than the massive rear tyres which are.... (get this!) 255/35/r18's...at £205 quid EACH on mytyres.co.uk thankgod i only need one!

No immediate changes planned..except its got a nasty tape player bmw head unit...thinking about new headunit..but havent got a clue..its been a while since i needed a new headunit.

many years ago..the JVC chameleon was the mutts nuts....i dont need a screen/dvd player...so whats the options? can anyone point me in the right direction?

its got a 6 cd changer id like to keep..just dont like the tape player!..and id like to to play my ipod?

its got the mpacksports kit on it...so dont want to change much. outside..looking at upping the brakes and chipping it of course...im not sure if its got xenons.
Might do an LED conversion in the brake lights like the M3...not those nasty lexus ones though!

oh an the alloys have got a few scrapes on them..might have them resprayed....
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:22pm

is it an M-Sport?

Yup I had a 330 petrol as a works car...(pity its gone to the big scrapyard in the sky!)..and yes thats what sold me on a 330d sport...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:36pm
Its an 03 and had a Tape Player !!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, I thought the Alfa was bad on an S reg raftl raftl

Ive just bought a new Kenwood KDCW3041A (I think hahahah) and its very good. Half price at Halfords, with MP3 Connection. Suits the Alfa Dash very well, and not OTT.

[Linked Image]

Dunno if its able to be hooked up to a Multi Changer though.
Whats the standard BMW unit, is it Bosch??
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:38pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig

Ive just bought a new Kenwood KDCW3041A (I think hahahah) and its very good. Half price at Halfords, with MP3 Connection. Suits the Alfa Dash very well, and not OTT.

hey dont laugh..new beemers and audis still get tape players..(for the older generation!)
no idea what the standard bmw unit is..im not taking delivery until the 6th so cant even go check!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:43pm
Originally Posted by Beemertastic
Well..its happened...no longer a proud audi owner. I have sold my soul and gone to the other side

Good Choice

255/35/r18's

Not that big, mine are 235's doh

i dont need a screen/dvd player...so whats the options? can anyone point me in the right direction?

its got a 6 cd changer id like to keep..just dont like the tape player!..and id like to to play my ipod?

Halfords or eBay

im not sure if its got xenons.

Get HIDs??

Might do an LED conversion in the brake lights like the M3

thumbsup Very nice if you do

Wheres the pics?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:46pm
not getting it delivered until the 6th..hence no pix!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:48pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe

255/35/r18's

Not that big, mine are 235's doh

how much do tyres cost you then..mine are going for 205 a piece on the back on mytyres.co.uk!
Posted By: Waddi Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:48pm
Head unit - does it have the BMW i-drive system, if it does I would stick with a BMW unit, see your local dealer about the I-POD dock for the I Drive. but you cant have the ipod dock and cd changer together.

another option would be an ipod fm transmitter like this one then just set the transmitter and the cars radio to the same blank frequency and hey presto your ipod music comes out of your car speakers.
Posted By: Waddi Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:49pm
Are the tyre's run flats tho?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:50pm
nope..no idrive system....only on the 5 series for that year.
I had an fm transmitter in the audi..wasnt up to much cop really...got lots n lots of interference!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:51pm
Are the tyre's run flats tho?

nope!..just normal mitchelin pilots
Posted By: Waddi Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:55pm
BMW IPOD kits
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 1st Jan 2009 11:56pm

ooooh!
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 2nd Jan 2009 11:02am
Part worns...pic the size and make you want and make massive savings as well happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 2nd Jan 2009 11:12am
Good chioce matey :thumbs:

The head unit will be compatible with a changer (they are always on Ebay for £50-£100) Have a good look behind the trim in the boot for the brackets / leads to connect it up wink
Posted By: Waddi Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 2nd Jan 2009 11:24am
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig

hey dont laugh..new beemers and audis still get tape players..(for the older generation!)
no idea what the standard bmw unit is..im not taking delivery until the 6th so cant even go check!

My Auntie has got an 05 plate Agila and that only has a radio, no cd and not even a cassette. lol, but what do you expect on a Agila.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 2nd Jan 2009 12:11pm
Part worns...pic the size and make you want and make massive savings as well happy

PART WORNS!!!!..your having a laugh arent you!!
I would rather drive a turbo'd micra than even contemplate putting part worns on!!

you dont know anything about the tyre..and im sure as hell not wanting to find out at 70 (lol) mph!

Tyres and brakes are something im anally retentive about..you dont mess about with them..pay whatever it costs..my lifes worth more than that...seen the consequences far too often of dodgy tyres and poor brakes!

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 2nd Jan 2009 12:12pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Good chioce matey :thumbs:

The head unit will be compatible with a changer (they are always on Ebay for £50-£100) Have a good look behind the trim in the boot for the brackets / leads to connect it up wink

chhers matey...ive got the changer in the boot...just dont wanna look at a tape deck...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 2nd Jan 2009 4:25pm
I had a similar thought when I got mine, but decided I wanted to leave the dash looking std rather than have a glitzy flashing headunit.

If you could find something subtile, with orange lighting to match the rest of the dash though.... think
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 3rd Jan 2009 9:37pm

PART WORNS!!!!..your having a laugh arent you!!
I would rather drive a turbo'd micra than even contemplate putting part worns on!!

you dont know anything about the tyre..and im sure as hell not wanting to find out at 70 (lol) mph!

Tyres and brakes are something im anally retentive about..you dont mess about with them..pay whatever it costs..my lifes worth more than that...seen the consequences far too often of dodgy tyres and poor brakes!

If your that worried about the part worns why are you moanin about the price of new ones boohoo lol

Unless you inspect your tyres after every drive you don't know the condition of any tyre(new or p/w)!!
I drift on part worns and have done over 160mph(private road of course) on part worns!! As soon as you drive your car out of the tyre fitters your new tyres are second hand ie-partworns!!...that's my rant over...lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 3rd Jan 2009 11:58pm
yup...but i DO check my car on a regular basis...i know that a new tyre has never been run under inflated for example...and therefore the sidewall isnt weakened...and that no dodgy repairs have been done...reducing the risk of a blowout...just taking the tyre off the rim could damage the inside of the sidewall...
doing the job i do...i see enough bad things to be the way i am about tyres and brakes.
Daft as it sounds...its not really brakes that stop you...its the friction surface between tyre and road that does...if that aint right...you will take a whole lot longer to stop.
I just wont take the risk with tyres...and yup i moaning cuz i used to be able to get new eagle F1s for 80 a corner (if you knew where to look) and now its nearly 200 quid a corner...big difference.
But to drift on part worns is different...at least there your trying to destroy the tyre....lol
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 4th Jan 2009 8:58pm
Fair enough mate your choice after all...do some diggin and you will better that price I'm sure...
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 4th Jan 2009 9:14pm
As opposed to the Michelin ones, have you thought about Nankang or Kumho?? For the size you are after they are half the price.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 11:39am
As opposed to the Michelin ones, have you thought about Nankang or Kumho?? For the size you are after they are half the price.

they are half the price..becuase they do half the job...they are made from recycled bits of rubber...and just dont perform the same...the car ends up feelin like a greasy weasel....and both nankang and the kumhos are asysmetric tread patterns...which ive found from experience with the works bmw...tends to force the car to tramline under heavy braking....and we all know ive got a heavy right (brake) foot....
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 6:04pm
Well I am a girl - what do I know raftl

And how do you know what a greasy weasel feels like? Care to share think
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 7:05pm
greasy weasel..wel...harry explains that one...When the rear end's loose, the car's fast. Loose is fast, on the edge and out of control.....
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 7:14pm
Must..........................bite....................tongue!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 7:23pm
"So now my gerbil is on easy street, its more than cozy and theres plenty to eat....."

GOOOOO GERBIL GOOOOO!!!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 8:02pm
You said it "special" Beemer raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 8:16pm
Watch them run, watch them fall,...Watch them try to catch a ball

MY SHOES HURT!!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 8:18pm
Damn....im sooo gonna burn in hell!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 8:31pm
Watch them laugh, watch them drool, watch them fall into the pool- thats diving

I'm burning with you raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 8:50pm
Burning for your prose?
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 9:31pm
No - for laughing so hard I'm crying raftl

Just to keep on topic - have you decided on your tyres Special Beemer??
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 10:21pm
Stick to the same tyres bwm sold the car with when it was new, a've just hadf to fork out £400 for my back tyres on the m3! 255/35/19. You can't put a price on sumones life.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 11:16pm
Originally Posted by Macca GSI
Stick to the same tyres bwm sold the car with when it was new, a've just hadf to fork out £400 for my back tyres on the m3! 255/35/19. You can't put a price on sumones life.

Its got 3 good mitchelin sports on it...hence why i just need one to replace the nasty federal tyre thats on it.
I agree..you cant put a price on someones life!

I just found with the Eagle F1's..they really suited my old audi...but on the works 330...they really tramlined into the ruts under braking.
Work has contract with dunlop...so just before it went they changed the tyres to dunlop excellence...they werent as good as the F1's grip wise esp in the wet..however it didint seem to tramline nearly as much.
I think im gonna stay with the mitchelins.....and when i need a new set of tyres then think about what to go for (whilst i chat to my bank manager)...lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 11:22pm
However...This situation is beyond my control...Gotta find away to get him out of his hole!

raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 5th Jan 2009 11:39pm
I tried crowbars, I tried wires, I almost had him with a pair of pliers, I tried cheese but he's not biting, I wish this wasn't so exciting raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl

You're quite right - no price on your life!!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 6th Jan 2009 8:27pm
shes got a smile...ooh shes got a smile..and i think it could be my day!
Posted By: Wench Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 6th Jan 2009 9:20pm
grin raftl She gotta wink, a wink across the bar and I know that it's meant to be.

How's the car? Pics??
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: R.I.P. the audi..is it the end? - 8th Jan 2009 10:21am
the car is fab..but cant tax it yet...as am STILL waiting for insurance certificate to come through the post...then ill be taking some pics of it....in better location than my drive!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral