Forums
Posted By: Dave100e Turbo timers - 17th Sep 2008 9:07pm
Anyone fitted a turbo timer before?

I was going to get a HKS type 1 but the harnesses dont cover RS Turbos and i havnt got a clue how to fit one.

Should i just go to a garage to get it fitted by someone who knows?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Turbo timers - 17th Sep 2008 9:20pm
Originally Posted by Dave100e
Anyone fitted a turbo timer before?

Just one or 5 - most Ive fitted, Ive always hardwired them in to, no need for a harness raftl

On an S1 RST the wires will be very simple, and it will be very easy to fit smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Turbo timers - 17th Sep 2008 11:09pm
what about my vxr ? i want one bout dont fancy the wiring in bit..
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Turbo timers - 17th Sep 2008 11:17pm
Take it to car connections mate, probably cost £15-£20 Saves you hurting that nice moter via fire damage due to faulty wiring wink
Posted By: jonah Re: Turbo timers - 17th Sep 2008 11:26pm
was thinkin of takin it somewhere rather than do it myself
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Turbo timers - 18th Sep 2008 7:09am
For the VX Id buy a harness - new cars have more complicated ignition looms, and require a combination of spliced wires for a single turbo timer feed - id also check if it actually needs one. I know the new Audi motors (Also fitted to the Seats) have an Electrical oil pump which circulates oil after the engine is shut off, thus there is no need for a turbo timer.

The S1 will be very very simple, though Im not gonna give any details out, as essentially its how you "hot wire" a car...
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Turbo timers - 18th Sep 2008 6:21pm
Cheers. Ill get it wired by a pro. I can do electrics, but its very messy / likely to catch fire.

Well onto the hotwiring bit. Can you drive a car on the turbo timer? I cant see anything thatd stop you unless its built in. I mean, the timer doesnt turn off until the engine / turbo is cooler i presume, and is its getting driven it wouldnt cool down, or is it given a set time and thats it.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Turbo timers - 18th Sep 2008 6:58pm
...have a word with me about it at the meet tonight wink
Posted By: AL Re: Turbo timers - 18th Sep 2008 7:12pm
...have a word with me about it at the meet tonight

and you will loose the will to live lamethrower
© Wirral-Wikiwirral