Forums
Posted By: Wench Does anyone know....... - 12th Aug 2008 10:55am
Does John Stant still do the sprint? Is he still driving competitively?

Just curious.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Does anyone know....... - 12th Aug 2008 10:58am
Stanty smile - Last I heard He was racing some V8 Pickup truck things - i think.

Not seen him for a few months so not too sure if he is still doing that think

The New Brighton Sprint hasnt been run since 2005 as it was not cost effective enough since the council / police etc etc costs got so high....

I was fortunate enough to run in the last one - ever maybe....
Posted By: Wench Re: Does anyone know....... - 12th Aug 2008 11:04am
He used to be a really good mate of mine, in and out of work, but then I moved "daarn saarf" and lost touch.

Gutted about the Sprint - amazing how things change when you're away. I had no idea!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Does anyone know....... - 12th Aug 2008 11:22am
wasnt it also to do with the Golf, cos they put the New Brighton Rally back, cos of that, and bad weather making waves come over the wall???
Posted By: Wench Re: Does anyone know....... - 12th Aug 2008 11:26am
I take it it's back on this year then? I hope so as I've applied for marshalling again - been away too long!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Does anyone know....... - 12th Aug 2008 11:26am
Nope, all about ££££ and people power - or lack of.

The most cost effective way to run it was do the sprint on the same weekend as the rally as there was only one outlay for equipment hire etc....

However, the council still wanted £££, the police wanted £££ and if someone was doing the rally or sprint - it made the weekend to busy / tired to help out on the day they where not competing... frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral