Forums
Posted By: Go Go Gadget wanted big breaks for m5 - 7th Jul 2008 11:03pm
trying to fing best big break kit for m5, up to 54 plate
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 6:16am
could try Reland, they sell 8pot kits. if not for the M5 they can get the conversion brackets made.

or you could try this place

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/variants-cGFyZW50X2lkPTE5OTQjMzYyMw==.html

Posted By: StuyMac Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 7:45am
Unless you planning on doing some serious track work - the std M5 setup is easily up to the job yes

If your struggling with fade, get some decent pads and fluid smile
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 7:56pm
its just standard, pads and discs just wanted something that looks a bit better. and still work aswell if not better
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 8:49pm
you could even go for a big BRAKE conversion rather than just breaking your car...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 9:49pm
yup, get it std jim, no need to uprate them, have you got an m5 now
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 10:29pm
its a 540 v8 but with the full m teck extras so not a actual m5, nice though it was payment for a job i did customer had no money after finishing and didnt say, then offered car. so now i am back in modding mode lol but the only thing i think i can do is the breaks
Posted By: Sanchez Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 11:09pm
hmmm, is it tidy conditiion, any pics
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 11:25pm
yeah its spotless, will get some pics up, its silver with black leather, tv sat nav and dvd player head rest tvs, got every extra with teh m tech pack. just teh fuel is a killer lol specially in sport mode carnt help yourself, just wish i could control it with the traction control off, not used to rear wheel lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 8th Jul 2008 11:26pm
LPG is your friend, could well save you a small fortune and pay for itself in no time at all if you plan on keeping it, given the price of fuel atm.

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 9th Jul 2008 10:00am
Originally Posted by Go Go Gadget
its just standard, pads and discs just wanted something that looks a bit better. and still work aswell if not better

Get some Ferodo fast road pads and stick a caliper cover over the std ones to look like 4 pots or something raftl

...you gonna find it very hard to cook the std brakes on the roads lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 9th Jul 2008 4:38pm
i run ferodo ds 2500...due to size n weight of my shed...and they work fkin well..still havent been able to cook them...and thier on standard discs...allbeit 330mm standard discs

the only next step up pad wise is to ds 3000 which are touring car spec and they squeal like fk and last about 500 miles...nt a good choice for a road car

ferodos are the mutts nutz...wouldnt run anything else...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 10th Jul 2008 8:47am
Im running the 3000s on the race car.

Not had any squeeling issues (Even on the roads), bit they do take a couple of stops to get some heat in to them before they start working at 100%

So far Ive done 3 races and 3 practises on them - id say they show 1/4-1/3 wear on the pads.

....they also chew disks wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: wanted big breaks for m5 - 22nd Aug 2008 9:12am
Originally Posted by Go Go Gadget
its a 540 v8 but with the full m teck extras so not a actual m5, nice though it was payment for a job i did customer had no money after finishing and didnt say, then offered car. so now i am back in modding mode lol but the only thing i think i can do is the breaks

so........ When I spoke to you the other day and you told me you bought it from Car zone, was that the truth or did you win it of a none paying customer ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral