Forums
Posted By: MGCraig New Impreza Tarmac Demon?? - 2nd Jul 2008 1:48pm
Subaru test driver Markko Martin has said that the new Impreza WRC2008 should be very competitive on the asphalt events in Germany, Spain and France in the second half of the season.

Martin conducted the first tarmac test with the Impreza WRC2008 recently in the hills of Italy and the Estonian added that he had a 'very successful' outing in the car, which only made its debut in the World Rally Championship on the Acropolis Rally of Greece last month.

"It was good, the initial feeling is really very good," Martin told the team's official website, www.swrt.com. "We worked on improving the performance during the week and learned a lot about how the car works and how it responds to changes which was good.

"I think it was a very good test and I'm feeling confident about the car's asphalt performance. The car has a good balance and feels positive to drive. We didn't have any major issues during the test, and we managed to work on a few areas of setup. It's only the first time out in these conditions so there's more we can do, but I think the car will be competitive on asphalt."

[Linked Image]

Click To Read More !!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral