Forums
Posted By: StuyMac UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 2:28pm
Who the fook decides what price car parts should be sold for somad

Is it the indendant dealer - the manufacture - the UK Distributer????

I need a front Anti Roll Bar link arm (O/S) for the Honda. Its about 3-4inches long, has a ball joint on each end with some thread to go between the Anti Rollbar at one end, and the lower arm at the other.

Now 2 Mills - the Local Honda dealer want £51 - yeah, £51!!! Fooking EACH!!!!! For a little farty bit of metal!!!

What makes it even worse is that in the USA this part is $37 each - thats about £38 the pair - for the same part!!!

How the fook does that work?!?!?!

Im trying to get a pair from the States, as even with postage its over £50 cheaper, only problem is, a lot of the dealers wont ship outside the USA frown

...rant over......for now....

Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 2:51pm
ahhh honda part prices, i know all about that 1! does it have to be genuine honda part?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 2:54pm
Nope, but when motor factors say "Dealer Part" you dont get much choice frown
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 2:56pm
gutted,ebay uk no good either??
Posted By: StuyMac Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 2:59pm
no

I did think about aftermarket Anti roll bars as they are cheaper than a pair of link arms, but after a bit of reading, I think they use the OEM link arms frown
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 3:06pm
click me........................

mite be worth asking this bloke think
Posted By: hoseman Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 10th Jun 2008 10:27pm
You`ll prob have to pay tax on that aswell mate, from the states!
Posted By: CustomIce Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 11th Jun 2008 8:50am
I know what you mean Stuy. Real pain in the wallet 'aint it!?

Starter motor for my last celica (genuine Denso one) £650! So i refurbed the old one instead.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 11th Jun 2008 10:03am
Well, after 2 days of searching Ive found somewhere in the US, with a very detailed catalogue smile

You even add the parts to your basket, and you can caluclate your shipping party

Link arms are $23 each, plus $37 delivery - $84 total delivered which is about £40 - cheaper than one in this country!!! omg

(Also for info, they have a Bosch starter for a Celica listed at $160 - or £80 grin )
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 11th Jun 2008 10:37am
am i right to assume that car parts in the UK are high??

this whole country is out to make money....no surprise that so many people want to move abroad...cheaper living....
Posted By: StuyMac Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 11th Jun 2008 10:42am
...some part yes, some parts no... think

TBH Im not sure who actually sets the prices though, so Im not sure where all the extra money gets pocketed...
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: UK Car part prices - RANT! - 11th Jun 2008 10:48am
erm....mp's probably...lol...

surely its up to the owners/shopkeepers discretion what price they want to sell it for...or do you mean in general??

see, so far i havent needed anything for me corsa, but i dont want to modify it or anything anyway...

but i did go through an episode about 4 months ago, where my back window got smashed, paintwork on back side panel scratched and dented...and it cost me £400 to get fixed and sorted, a bit more than i expected...however u cant really tell that anything was wrong with it....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral