Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Murray Returns!!! - 5th Jun 2008 12:56pm
Formula One commentating legend Murray Walker will step out of retirement and make a welcome return to the microphone this July as he joins the Motors TV commentary team for LIVE coverage of the Silverstone Classic.

Walker, who dedicated over 50 years to enriching the race day experience of viewers of the BBC’s and ITV’s F1 coverage with his enthralling commentaries, will join the ‘High Speed Television’ channel for one of the UK’s premier historic motorsport events. He is set to revive memories of nostalgia by covering the two FIA Historic Formula One races scheduled for the weekend.

The FIA Historic Formula One Championship is for F1 cars made between 1966-85, an era originally covered by Murray during his 48-year stint with the BBC, and includes a number of classic machines from Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Lotus, Brabham and Tyrrell.

Motors TV’s Head of Programming & Acquisitions Frédéric Viger said: “We are absolutely thrilled to welcome Murray Walker to Motors TV. His iconic commentaries defined many generations of Formula One racing and we feel it is very fitting that he joins us for the Historic F1 races which will be a highlight of our 24 hours of live coverage from the Silverstone Classic.”

Murray Walker said: “Although I have obviously kept in very close touch with Motorsport since I stopped commentating I have missed the cut and thrust and the buzz of being in the commentary box so I’m really going to enjoy being back there with Motors TV for the Silverstone Classic, especially since it was at Silverstone that I did my very first commentary on the British Grand Prix in 1949 and where I have seen so many great races. It will be tremendous, too, to be back amongst the truly great cars that I had so much fun talking about when they were in their heyday”

I Think this is awesome! Its about time we had a decent iconic Commentator for Motorsport (Again)...Motorsport has lost out to Football with the likes of Andy Gray etc.

What do you Reckon??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral