Forums
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 6:35pm
Come on then guys and girls, How much do you think my cars worth, Ill give you as much info as pos,

1995 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5 LSI
134,600 miles
Mot-Nov 08
Tax-Sep 08
Runs sound as a pound,

Mods:

Black 15" alloys (New respray)
Droped 100mm all round on coilovers
Square front number plate
4 1/2" jap can
Debadged
Cd play (crap)
red gear knob
Smoked rear lights
induction kit
Spoiler

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 6:41pm
would guess at £3.5/4k but am crap at valuin stuff
Posted By: jonah Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 6:41pm
y.... are u thinkin of selling ?
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
would guess at £3.5/4k but am crap at valuin stuff

Bloody hell, You can buy it for that much if you want tease

I wish it was worth that much raftl
Originally Posted by jonah
y.... are u thinkin of selling ?

Maybe mate, Maybe.......
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 6:50pm
Rough Guess £1000 - £1400
I would be happy if it goes for that (IF i sell it)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 6:58pm
lol, your worse than a woman in a shoe shop raftl
Nah i ain't, Iv had it longer than everyone said i would raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 7:04pm
that justifies nothing omg
Iv changes my boxers since i had this car, Now thats saying something raftl

Anyways, Your a fine one to talk tease wink smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 8:53pm
£990 - £1200 tease
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 9:04pm
Originally Posted by Civic_Coupe_Sean

Sanchez backs down respectivly frown
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 9:59pm
I thought you was happy with it now seany?

Seen something else?
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:04pm
Originally Posted by sanchez

Awwwww mate, Come here and give me a big hug bananalove
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:05pm
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
I thought you was happy with it now seany?

Seen something else?

Just want a change hun......
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:13pm
Originally Posted by sanchez

Awwwww mate, Come here and give me a big hug bananalove

seeyu on my way round now buddy !
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:16pm
*Puts the kettle on*

Anyways why im asking this question is......

Just want a change but thinking more along the line of a pimping car rather than a sporty car,

Best way i can describe how i feel lol.

Need to slow down in life, Take a step into the slow lane wink
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:21pm
Pimping car hahahaha!!!

Whats that look like? That made me giggle!

You need a slower car more like!.. Damn when this boy knows the speed is there he'll just put his foot down!... Bin through some scary moments!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:23pm
Its hard to explain, I want a car that i ain't going to rag round, A more chilling car,

I just cant explain it frown
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:30pm
Sean... Come on now you will always wanna rag ya car!

I get ya tho, crusing car.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:33pm
Maybe i will but theres no harm in trying to calm down in life abit lol.
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 10:38pm
alriigghhhhtttt!!

I know there isnt! You sound like your crazy and you lead a crazy life! lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 11:03pm
Have ago of your mate's p11 whit primera, im made up with mine, chilled when you want, a bit of an animal when you really want !
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 11:19pm
£900-£1100
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 11:22pm
Think im going to put it on ebay then see what it sells for then look for a new car when i know what money i got to play with smile
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 19th May 2008 11:25pm
strap a turbo to it first, then sell it.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 21st May 2008 7:41pm
Upgrade to an integra. Far better car, plus the price of petrol will help tame that right foor.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 12:04am
Had 2 car offers so far

1. Saxo VTR Fully moddified (paint n everything)
2, Rover 220 Coupe 150BHP Ex track car lots done

And loads of questions on how much im after,

Its only been on ebay a night smile

Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 12:06am
both them cars are probably shagged from bein ragged everywhere lol - altho if it was my choice, the rover outclasses the saxo by far!!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 12:07am
tomcat on insure tho frown lol

Asked for pics on them both anyways smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 12:08am
good point! lol... could be a bit steep, wot u payin just now?

where about r they both based (the ppl offerin u cars)
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 12:11am
Don't know, Just asked for pics for now lol

Paying £99 a month......
Heres the Saxo i've been offerd:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

think
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 1:08pm
ok thatss.......different.

dunno if i like it.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 1:29pm
Eeek man do NOT go for that Saxo, seriously lol! 1.6 8v, 99bhp, no torque to make up for it, you will feel like a slug compared to how you feel in you're Civic. If it was a VTS then maybe.

If its between the Saxo and the Civic, keep the Civic. Not to mention Saxo's are just common chavmobiles, with no real respect, and imho, that Saxo looks terible. Look at the front end, the kit is just far too agressive (and chav) for the car!

The Tomcat would be a good swap, preferential upgrade on you're half (btw it is a Rover T-Series, so you need not worry about HGF, one of the strongest and most reliable petrol engines ever made aside from the Jap machines), but as you say, the insurance hits you hard on it.

How's it been upped to 150bhp, whats it had done? The N/A is usually 130bhp and the Turbo is 190bhp, the T-Series is quite limited to what you can do on it, usually to achieve a decent gain, it means an expensive upgrade, so it has deffo had money spent on it.

smile
Waiting for him to send me pics on the coupe then ill ask what its had done.

Saxo is abit ott i think, We shall see tease
And heres the Rover 220 coupe iv been offered ??????

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:25pm
The rover is nice, but have to agree with Matty on everything on the Saxo

keep the civic mate
Insure is:

+ £124 on the 220 coupe
- £25 on the VTR

Thats to change it over from the Civic
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:32pm
keep the civic
Nah, Not keeping the civic, Sorry guys frown
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:37pm
no bad choice
Posted By: MGCraig Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:41pm
To be fair...if someone came to me..and showed me the pics of all three cars...Id just laugh at the saxo..Id only seriously consider your civic and the Tomcat.....

If you really need the change..like you say you do...and you want to stick to the cars youve been offered...go for the rover..

Are there no other cars that take your fancy tho???
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:47pm
The rover just reminds me of the civic just a little bit of a different shape.

I'm not convinced by either of them! I'm on Joe's Side.
But the rover has alot more to offer on the inside and under the bonnet wink
Posted By: Peachy Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:51pm
hmmmm still not convinced, reminds me of an old mans car!
Persnol choice smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 6:54pm
The "Old Man" Look gives it a bit of character/ sleeper sorta look.....but everyone in the know keeps back from em....cos they are pissin rapid....
Oh yeah and don't forget i said i wanted sumat more comfy this time, So maybe a fast old mans car is right for me wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 7:39pm
Heh... looking at the pics, and the insurance only being +£124, go for the Tomcat man!!

150bhp of raw Rover power, believe me, they are rapid, you will be pissing yourself when all the Saxo's et al are pulling up alongside you to race.

Imagine what it would shift like if you whacked the Turbo onto it grin

If the car is a goodun, id jump for it!!

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 7:51pm
Its Decided....go for the Rover.....

And I want a ride in this one....youve not driven me round in your PAST 3 CARS !!!
Just waiting for some more info on it smile
This is what the Paxo guy had to say about his car

mot feb 2009, tax may 2008,98,000miles,jus had brand new cluth professionally fitted,runs fine no problems apart frm bodywork.front bumper could do with some tlc as u can c from pics.slight scrape on 1 wingmirror and quite bad scrape on the otha.slight scrape on back bumper,not 2 bad tho.the smooth tailgate has a bubble in it which isnt 2 noticeable.i actually have another smooth tailgate panel which i will include.one back light has a small crack.there are a few chips in the paintwork.has a touchscreen cd player and 6x9s.1 front speaker missing.tidy inside.am frm blyth near newcastle.could u give me info on urs please

doh
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:11pm
i'd go for the rover and ask the following questions

how many miles are on it?

has the headgasket ever gone?

and if it did have they fitted the modified gasket kit?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:13pm
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
i'd go for the rover and ask the following questions

how many miles are on it?

has the headgasket ever gone?

and if it did have they fitted the modified gasket kit?

98,000 miles

Yea man..Headgaskets on the Rovers are usual problems....also..oddly enough..heatshields or so Ive been led to believe...
That was the Paxo Craig tease

heatshields ? PFFFFFFFFFFFT, I'll just rip that off like i did on the Bravo raftl

Iv asked him a few questions on the rover like mileage etc etc, Just waiting for him to get back to me smile
Ok hes just got back to me.

ITS MOTD TILL OCT AND TAXED TILL END JULY THESE HAVE 140BHP AS STANDARD.ITS GOT S/S BACK BOX,INDUCTION FILTER,LOWERED 40MM,17"ALLOYS X4 RECENT TYRES,MAGNECOR HT LEADS,2.0 16V,HALF LEATHER 96000MILES RE-BUILT AND PAINTED ROVER 600 TURBO GEARBOX GOT AS A SPARE.BAD BITS EVERY CAR HAS THEM :-SPEEDO STOPPED WORKING LAST WEEK ALL OTHERS FINE THO,DIFF A BIT NOISEY DOES NOT AFFECT PERFORMANCE CAR DRIVES MINT,IVE GOT THE TURBO GEARBOX JUST NOT FITTED IT YET AS THE ONE THATS IN IS FINE JUST A BIT NOISEY,STACKS OF PAPER WORK FOR IT AND MANY NEW BITS FITTED,I LIVE IN LEYLAND 15 MINS FROM SOUTHPORT.LET ME NO WHAT YOU THINK.CHEERS
DAN.

What you think ???????
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:20pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
Yea man..Headgaskets on the Rovers are usual problems....also..oddly enough..heatshields or so Ive been led to believe...

People people people... This is a T-Series engine, NOT a K-Series. It's the K-Series that has the radical (for the time) yet somewhat flawwed design that causes the head gasket problems.

The T-Series is pretty much bullet-proof, unless you piss about with it, trying to increase performance, it is one engine you wont have to worry too much about.

Of course it can suffer HGF, but no more than any other reliable engine, it is regarded as one of the most reliable non-jap engines.

The biggest problem with it, there isnt much you can do past adding a turbo to increase performance that doesnt cost a lot money due to the amount of work involved, not something to worry about, besides which, this already has gained an extra 20bhp somehow anyway.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:22pm
Its sounds pretty good, if you want I will post on the MG-Rover forums that and see what the experts over there say (Im more knowledgable about the K-Series and R3 200 rather than the R7 200 series to be honest).

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:25pm
This is what the Paxo guy had to say about his car

mot feb 2009, tax may 2008,98,000miles,jus had brand new cluth professionally fitted,runs fine no problems apart frm bodywork.front bumper could do with some tlc as u can c from pics.slight scrape on 1 wingmirror and quite bad scrape on the otha.slight scrape on back bumper,not 2 bad tho.the smooth tailgate has a bubble in it which isnt 2 noticeable.i actually have another smooth tailgate panel which i will include.one back light has a small crack.there are a few chips in the paintwork.has a touchscreen cd player and 6x9s.1 front speaker missing.tidy inside.am frm blyth near newcastle.could u give me info on urs please

doh

with all them issues of "slight scrapes/cracks" etc, it makes u wonder how poorly the car has been looked after... sounds like it's just been nailed by a chav (going by the way he types things, could be wrong)
Posted By: MGCraig Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:46pm
My mistake seanicle......Ignore the Shitaxo......

Cheers for the info Matty...least I was correct about some from of Rover engine thumbsup

The Tomcats arent usually razzed about are they??
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 9:52pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
The Tomcats arent usually razzed about are they??

Depends on the owner(s), but tbh most are taken care of yes, because they have a very loyal and loving fanbase.

However, the T-Series is in a far better position than most engines to take a bit of a battering.

Id be looking to test drive the car first though!

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:10pm
personail they both look thumbsdown stick with what you got for now m8 a better offer will come a long always does.dont take the 1st offer that comes along. thumbsup
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:13pm
I was going to get a 216 coupe for my first car but got the Bravo insted, The rover is just what im looking for now, Its got a nice comfy in side, Half leather elc windows etc etc and yet its still got the power and looks nice (i think)

So its perfect for what im after in my next car !

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:15pm
Originally Posted by jason24v6
personail they both look thumbsdown stick with what you got for now m8 a better offer will come a long always does.dont take the 1st offer that comes along. thumbsup

He's just worried about you being able to keep up with him in the Rover... if it really is pushing 150bhp, you would be a pretty good match lmao grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:18pm
Thats just to give you an idea of the power the Rover should be pushing btw; and if you wanted a Coupe anyway, then why not? Just need to ensure it is a goodun.

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:21pm
My mates 2L 8v MK3 Astra Beat a Probe in a drag wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:24pm
The V6 is 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds though, probably a 2.0 (dunno wot the 0-60 is on them).
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:25pm
Think the 220 at 130bhp is 8.2 seconds, at 150bhp, I rekon it would be pushing in the region of 7.6/7.7 0-60, I know at 190 though it would be 6.2 seconds, so I could be out a bit (in a good way hehe).

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:27pm
Nah his was the 2.5 V6, Might just have been a driver error tease

Anyways Back on topic, Do you think that both coupes are around the same value ?
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:29pm
Its also a comfy car im going for next, Not just power, Thats just a bonus LOL
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:30pm
Yes, all Rover's are very comfy, and the seats and seating position is excellent in the Tomcats.

And comfort is important to me, hence I want a 75 haha!

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:31pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by jason24v6

He's just worried about you being able to keep up with him in the Rover... if it really is pushing 150bhp, you would be a pretty good match lmao grin

raftl raftl raftl smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:32pm
tease
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How much do you think my cars worth. - 22nd May 2008 10:46pm
220 Naturally Aspired

This model featured the T series 2.0 litre 16 valve engine, later introduced in to the rest of the 200/400 range in 1993. It replaced the M16 unit used in previous models. The 220 Coupé was priced at £16,670.

In naturally aspirated form, the 16-valve T Series produced 136 PS (100 kW) at 6000 rpm and a top speed of 127 mph (204 km/h). 0-60 came up in 8.2 seconds and offered customers more of a balance between competitive performance and elegant sporting lines.

Low down torque also ensured good driveability and through-the-gears performance without the need for constant gear changing.

Over the 216 Coupé, the 220 featured:

* Rear disc brakes
* Anti lock braking system
* Front fog lamps
* R750 RDS ICE
* Leather seat borders
* Boot mounted body coloured spoiler
© Wirral-Wikiwirral