Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 30th Apr 2008 1:17pm
Its all looking grim !!

....and thats petrol! I had a shock last night when I noticed that VPower was 3p/l less than diesel now!?!?!?

Other than greed and supply and demend, why has diesel overtaken petrol in price. A few years ago diesel was cheaper than petrol, and other than greater demand - leading to greed, there is no reason why it should be more.... somad
Posted By: GaryB Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 30th Apr 2008 1:19pm
Robbin' Conts!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 30th Apr 2008 1:34pm
It's disgusting because diesel in practically every other country, is cheaper then petrol by a good stretch... its just another way to rip us Brits off, they watched us all go out and buy Diesel cars so we could get more MPG and now they can arse rape us by charging the earth for the fuel and defeating the object of efficiency.

I havent bought regular diesel for over a month now, im buying Biodiesel, its 92p a litre in Birkenhead and 89p a litre in Ellesmere Port, so fook you oil companies!!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 30th Apr 2008 1:51pm
fcuk England! what a rip off country we live in!

I WAS once proud to be English and live here.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 30th Apr 2008 1:56pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

I havent bought regular diesel for over a month now, im buying Biodiesel, its 92p a litre in Birkenhead and 89p a litre in Ellesmere Port, so fook you oil companies!!!

...and thats only gone up recently due to greed. Admittedly, additives have gone up in price, but this has been grossly exaggerated in the price increase.

Maybe greed Britian is more accurate that "Rip off Britian"...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 30th Apr 2008 1:59pm
I dunno, it has gone up gradually (went to 85p last summer, then to 92p), but you have to consider the cost of SVO is soaring atm due to demand outrunning supply and they have to add some diesel to it, so as the cost of diesel increases, as does the cost of Biodiesel.

And I don't blame them if they have added a couple of pence themselves, everything is going up for them too in life, so why not make an extra few pence, whilst still offering a massive saving to customers?

At 92p a litre, life is comfortable, £1.17 - £1.23 is just plain scandelous!!

frown
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 1st May 2008 10:47am
mmm...lpg! I'm paying a whopping 44p per litre. Disgraceful isnt it! lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 1st May 2008 2:57pm
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
mmm...lpg! I'm paying a whopping 44p per litre. Disgraceful isnt it! lol

I would'nt feel so smug matey, it is highly expected that LPG will soon loose the tax break it is enjoying, due to the fact it is only 16% cleaner then petrol and actually dirtier then derv. The government are losing around £60 - £70million a year revenue due to the tax break, and with this figure rising, there is a strong likelyhood that the tax pull on it will be shooting up. Its likely to be declassified as a green fuel, and this will also mean Londoners will lose their toll avoidance. Many people think the government would'nt be so stupid to do it, but this is the Labour government we are talking about.

Plus, where exactly are you getting it at 44p a litre? The lowest price locally is 50.9p a litre??
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 1st May 2008 4:14pm
No No No;I goto wirral bottle gas and its only 44p per litre.(I should know-I have put 120 litres of it in my tank in last 3 weeks!) Government have been sayin lpg will be higher taxed for 3 years now...and it still hasn't happend! Happy days;)
Posted By: peodude Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 1st May 2008 7:53pm
Hiya. whereabouts is the biodiesel in Birkenhead? I am at uni in Birmingham and have found a supplier here, but haven't heard of one in Birkenhead for when i come home
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 1st May 2008 8:07pm
http://www.biofueluk.co.uk/page5.html
Posted By: chiccy Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 1st May 2008 9:02pm
flippin disgrace it is!!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 2nd May 2008 12:05am
If it goes up that much think ill be hanging up my brick right foot wink
Posted By: peodude Re: Petrol to hit £1.50 by autumn.... - 2nd May 2008 12:01pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Thanks for that dude, will come in very useful laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral