Forums
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean How to lower the torsion bar. - 24th Apr 2008 3:48pm
How to lower the torsion bar?

1.Jack up car and put on axle stands (after removing wheels)

2.Locate large pear shape brackets.

3.Remove the plastic nut with a torx head on it.

4.On the other side remove the 13mm bolt holding the bracket on(not the side you removed the torx plastic bolt from!

5.Find a bolt that fits tightly into the place you took the torx blot out from.

6.Wind into thread and it will push the anti roll bar out the other side.

7.Remove the other 13mm bolt and pull out other bracket.

8.Having removed the 2 brackets another torx head will be revealed.

9.Undo CAREFULLY and pull off trailing/radius arm and move up as many nothces you want. (mark where it was first with a sharp screwdriver so you know where you started from)

10.Do other side.

11.Copper grease up and put back together.

Job done!!!!

If anything gets seized up then empoly lots of WD40 onto it. E.g the night before, before breakfast, before morning shower and then before you start!

Just be carefull not to destroy the torx head. I did and had to hammer an allen key into it.

There is no torsion in the legs, if you drop them they can be easily lifted up again. Put something under them though!!

Also its a good idea not to pull the arm off all the way, just enough so the spline is loose.

It shouldnt take too long, just use lots of lube!!! Having lubed mine up now it would probably take an hour. Its easier than lowering the front of a car!!!

thumbsup
Posted By: bibby Re: How to lower the torsion bar. - 28th May 2008 10:16pm
sean someones forgettin to take of the shockie's! lmao n tell tyler how to do it lol
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: How to lower the torsion bar. - 30th May 2008 11:38am
I just found this on another site mate lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral