Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 10:15am
Well, at last Vauxhall have come to their sences and decided to renew the Vectra - lets just hope they change more than just the pannels.....

Vauxhall Insignia

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 10:17am
that looks surprisingly good
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 10:25am
The Vectra looked much better imho...

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 10:29am
I think it looks a bit like the new jag, which looks like the new Mondeo so before you know it, everything looks the same raftl

Would like to see if Vauxhall have finally got round to doing something with the lump of plastic with cheap buttons and dials they like to call a dashboard think
Posted By: chiccy Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 10:47am
i likes it i wouldnt say no to 1 laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 10:52am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
the lump of plastic with cheap buttons and dials they like to call a dashboard think

To be fair, that sounds just like a Mondeo as well... it's as though Ford had just stuch a fancy looking wheelie bin into the car and called it a dashboard... although it seem's all car's are going this way!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 11:00am
Having hire cars all the time, gives a great chance to drive most new cars, and I have to say the Mondeo has evolved much better than the Vectra.

The Mondeo is very plesent to drive, comfy, and solid feeling, the Vectras however feel more plasticy, and more cheaply put together. The last Hire car I had was a Vectra - which was considerably better than the Zafira before that, but neither where as good as the New Mondeo I had previous to them....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 11:11am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Having hire cars all the time, gives a great chance to drive most new cars, and I have to say the Mondeo has evolved much better than the Vectra.

The Mondeo is very plesent to drive, comfy, and solid feeling, the Vectras however feel more plasticy, and more cheaply put together. The last Hire car I had was a Vectra - which was considerably better than the Zafira before that, but neither where as good as the New Mondeo I had previous to them....

But again be fair, you are comparing a new generation car against an old generation car in comparing the new mondeo to the Vectra.

The build quality in both of Scott's last-gen Mondeo's was quite solid, but it was utter shite in terms of looks, it was so plain and the plastic felt, and looked so cheap, it was never worth the money Ford were charging for them.

Maybe with the new Mondeo, Ford have realised that a big plastic lump does not make a dashboard, and if so, what's to say Vauxhall havent?

Personally, for a new car in this class, it would be an Accord for me hands down anyway tease
Posted By: Waddi Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 12:35pm
In one of the motoring pull outs in one of the sunday papers, maybe even a saturday paper, they walked the streets showing people a picture of a unbadged insignia, most people thought it was a BMW.

Im liking the new logo badge.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Vauxhall Insignia - to replace Vectra! - 21st Apr 2008 1:59pm
and i quote "Also the good news is there will be a 260bhp version which is likely to have four-wheel drive, which should sort some of the handling issues of powerful Vectras of the past"

QUATTRO!!!!....
i rest my case....

As everyone knows i have the (mis)fortune to drive vectras hard at work..... pc

They just dont set my world alight...however the new vxr is a vast improvement over the the last sri...
hopefully the new vectras are the next leap forward...but they are still woefully lacking in the likes of proper handling cars...ie bmws etc...
I still have the cynical view..that a new badge doesnt actually do a whole lot...you need to sort the bigger problems first!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral