Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Scam - 31st Mar 2008 7:58pm
I have put my car on ebay, autotrader and pistonheads and have found only ebay to be effective so far, but i got the following email from autotrader.

Obviously i know this is a scam (as i got the exaact same email twice from 2 different people). I assume it is identity theft or something, can i wind this guy up or anything? any one got ideas? Plus someone does answer the mobile, sounds indian

Customer Details:
NAME: MR mack rover
TELEPHONE: 07031802988
EMAIL: [email protected]

Vehicle Details:
MAKE: HONDA
MODEL: INTEGRA
PRICE: £4950

I am very much interested in the car you advertised for sale and i will like to buy it, the condition is ok by me and i think the price is fair.my mode of payment would be by a bank cheque and the pick up would be arrange by me, so if you are ok with this please send me the following informations so that i can mail out the payment ASAP.
full name........
home and mobile phone.......
home address........
post code........
please go and delete the advert on the net
to avoid disturbance as i believe its almost mine now.
I will be very grateful if you sell it to me, Please mail me ASAP to let me
know if you are ok with this.
regards,
mack
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Scam - 31st Mar 2008 8:19pm
give him your work address and number an c what comes of it??
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Scam - 31st Mar 2008 8:25pm
get him to send the cheque, say it has cleared and he can send the corier for the car, when the currier come, give him a box or two or even ten, of really heavy stuff, he'll be forced to pay for the delivery, then when he gets back in touch, tell him you want the money for the bounced cheque, there s a link to a whole story about this that chewy put up. do it bud, well funny
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Scam - 31st Mar 2008 9:48pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
get him to send the cheque, say it has cleared and he can send the corier for the car, when the currier come, give him a box or two or even ten, of really heavy stuff, he'll be forced to pay for the delivery, then when he gets back in touch, tell him you want the money for the bounced cheque, there s a link to a whole story about this that chewy put up. do it bud, well funny

withthat or just ignore it lol
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Scam - 31st Mar 2008 10:13pm
ignore it.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Scam - 31st Mar 2008 10:52pm
It's a fake.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Scam - 31st Mar 2008 11:00pm
Oh look! Here comes Daz....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scam - 1st Apr 2008 6:23am
I am well aware of this, I was asking if there is anything funny i could do about it
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Scam - 1st Apr 2008 7:51am
Tell him hes a fool for agreeing to buy a car without looking at it, if he wants it, come see it with £4950 CASH, else fook off back to Nigeria and stop wasting you time smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Scam - 1st Apr 2008 8:49am
Give him a fake address and a premuim rate phone number wink
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scam - 1st Apr 2008 11:00am
I might give him the details of the local police station and ask for MR Plod
Posted By: djdodge Re: Scam - 18th Apr 2008 8:46pm
yes this is defo a scam im the the most dodgyest person here lol they will give you a cheque or banker draft and it will clear approx 7 days later the amount will be deducted from your account and say it is being ivestiged by the police so by this time the other person has a car that they will sell cheap
Posted By: djdodge Re: Scam - 18th Apr 2008 8:47pm
yes this is defo a scam im the the most dodgyest person here lol they will give you a cheque or banker draft and it will clear approx 7 days later the amount will be deducted from your account and say it is being ivestiged by the police so by this time the other person has a car that they will sell cheap
© Wirral-Wikiwirral