Forums
Posted By: krisGTi Toyota plans £88m investment at Deeside - 5th Mar 2008 10:55am
Toyota has announced an £88 million investment in its North Wales engine factory. It plans to build a new 4-cylinder, 1.3-litre engine which is scheduled to go into production late next year. The announcement is the second major investment at the Deeside plant in the past year, and takes the total investment by Toyota in North Wales to £700 million.

Tokuichi Uranishi, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Corporation said yesterday: “This announcement recognises the quality of the UK workforce and demonstrates Toyota’s confidence in our UK investment and continued effort towards local production.”

Along with Toyota’s car plant at Burnaston in Derbyshire, the UK has two of Toyota’s nine European manufacturing operations and employs over 4,900 people. Deeside currently produces three petrol engines at a rate of 185,000 a year while Burnaston assembled 277,854 Toyota Auris and Avensis cars last year. Production at Deeside began in September 1992 and in February last year the plant made its 3 millionth engine.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Toyota plans £88m investment at Deeside - 5th Mar 2008 12:47pm
I did all my tests and passed and was offered a spot in the deeside factory but i sold my car and could not go. my uncle also passed and picks up a decent wage every week. i knew they were expanding then tease oh and i working in the derby plant for a day too.. its huuuuuge!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral