Forums
Posted By: jonah Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 28th Feb 2008 10:17pm
Here’s the deal. You’re young(ish), climbing the corporate ladder and determined to let the world know you’re doing well by driving around in a status-setting coupe. Your budget is £25k so you’re checking out the showroom shine on that Audi TT you drive past every morning, and maybe occasionally taking a de-tour past the BMW dealership. You know, just to see if you’re getting on any better with the look of that baby 1-series Coupe.

But what happens if a 300bhp, rear-wheel drive coupe looking as good as this rocked up? Silly question granted, but what happens if said car was also a Hyundai? Would you jump into the hot seat regardless or would your feet freeze to the floor, as if you’d just been informed the person you’re about to sleep with has genital herpes.

You’re a brand prejudice lot. The Tiburon coupe above is in fact a Hyundai and I think it looks awesome. It’s going on sale in the US and if the sentiment of the top UK bosses is anything to go by, we could have our chance to order a right-hand drive version later in the year. And I say good on 'em. Hyundai is gagging for a high-performance halo product like this, which people like me would be seriously tempted to consider. That is, providing they make it a complete hooligan to drive and don't call it anything unnecessarily dull, like the ‘i40c’. Fingers crossed.

Attached picture HyundaiCoupe.jpg
Attached picture HyundiCoupeFlash.jpg
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 28th Feb 2008 10:36pm
I'd have one
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 28th Feb 2008 10:57pm
me too, alwayed liked these from the mk2 onwards, i just think its a shame hyundi make them, but the build quality is actually really good, so i'd have on too ! withthat
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 1:46am
looks good but will it deliver
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 8:39am
Always thought the Coupe was pretty decent looking myself over the years - its always been let down by the motor and drive train though.

At last it looks like Hyundai are going to do it right smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 8:45am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Always thought the Coupe was pretty decent looking myself over the years - its always been let down by the motor and drive train though.

At last it looks like Hyundai are going to do it right smile

I like the way you ended what you had to say there stuy, then i went on to read your avatar - assumption blah blah blah raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 9:04am
....im confused..... think
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 9:41am
nice to look at but how much would you get for it in 3 years, think i would have to pass
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 10:15am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
....im confused..... think

look at your last line......at last looks like hyundi are going to do it right <<<< that to me sounds like an asumption smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 10:20am
Crazy Fool! I aint assuming nothin'!!!

V8 version and RWD - fact, no assumption there wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 10:38am
handbag name the time stu, just name it flex
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 10:41am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 10:43am
pmsl, cock
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 9:02pm
mmm id have one of them
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 11:53pm
http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=695 ??? wot's that?... i do hope the pics at the top of this thread are the correct ones cos the thing in that link i posted above ishorrid
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Hyundai's new coupe..... yes please... - 29th Feb 2008 11:56pm
meh, just realised that's anm old article
© Wirral-Wikiwirral