Forums
Posted By: Waddi TOUCH SCREEN DOUBLE DIN DVD/CD/FM/MP4/DIVX/MP3/USB - 15th Feb 2008 9:25pm
any opinions - Ebay item - 220200557198

[Linked Image]
Double DIN all-in-one unit (LCD screen + DVD player + TV tuner + Radio + Amplifier)

7" Active Matrix TFT LCD display
High Resolution, high brightness, high contrast crystal clear picture with wide viewing angle
16:9 & 4:3 dual display mode
Professional mobile DVD merchanism (electronic anti-shock & high tempereture durable)
Compatible for MP4 (DIVX) /DVD /SVC / VCD / DVCD / MP3 / CD/ CD-R / DVD-R/ DVD+R/DVD/ RW/ DVD+RW
Built-in universal TV tuner
Color System: AUTO/PAL/NTSC/SECAM
Sound System: B/G, D/K, I, M, N
Built-in AM/FM radio
Built-in amplifier 4 x 45W powerful output
Full function remote control with OSD
Multi-language menu
2 video output & 1 video input

Power supply: 12V DC

Power consumption: 55W

£129.99 plus £14p&p
Looks good.

I've just bought a single DIN one with a similar spec, mine also has bluetooth built in.

I havn't installed it yet though
seems ok matey, but......... the tv tuner. is it analogue ? if so then fairly soon it'll be nigh on useless when the changerover to digital happens....
dont bother!
Originally Posted by exploding_penguin
dont bother!

Why's that matey, are they the shit, or just plain shit?

As for the TV tuner, you can get a convertor Jonah matey, so if isnt DVD-T you can make it so.

smile
if your after somthing double din and dvd there are plenty of decent head units around. you can't make out a decent picture on a double din sized screen.these are cheap units and not the best of quality(IMHO). buy somthing with a flip out screen, much better quality picure, maplin in cheshire oaks are selling some for just over a £100. that way at least u got some place to take it to if it wrong!
you know the best person to ask waddi... Have you seen mine ? Its probably worth spending ou that bit extra and getting a named one...
Waddi, i spoke to ice this morning and let him look at the link u put on.... send him a pm or something to see what he thought.
I was really after the OEM look, which I believe you get from a double din unit.

can you get a double din unit, with a head unit at the bottom and a flip out screen at the top.
dont know matey, ask ice to look for you... Kenwood do a double din unit i looked at when i got mine.
waddi, Halfords do this mate....

doubledin head unit

see if customice can get u one any better.....
If i where u, i'd pay that bit extra for one like this than that one from ebay... the kenwood ones come with i-pod and usb connections built in if anything like mine, have a look when you come round with the new car....
Im not even that concerned about DVD playback, Would prefer a double din unit with FM/DAB, CD, MP3/WMA, USB, possibly mp4 playback from a usb stick.

or a double din fascia that fits a single din unit in the top and a psp in the bottom (or the other way round)
This is the one shadow has got fitted in his new imported car, ask him about it ??
I'll be honest, i'd hope that would last a year but i doubt it!

There are not many units that have a screen now that won't play DVD's
There are Fascias available, i'll be ordering with my supplier soon, let me know if you'd like prices for single din coversion fascias.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral