Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 5th Feb 2008 10:10pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Britain can look forward to a new supercar to rival the likes of the McLaren F1 following the unveiling of images of Motorcity Europe’s MC1

The sensational-looking supercar will be powered by a V10 600bhp motor and its unique design features include classic supercar motifs and jet fighter winglets. It will have a carbon monocoque body and scissor doors.

Set to be released in 2011, the MC1 was designed by British designer and Motorcity Europe director David Hilton who has worked on a long line of famous motors, including the L-GT Supercar, Ford Focus RS and ST. He was also co-designer of the 2007 Car of the Year, the S-Max.

"This first concept was digitally produced in only 3 months from a single sketch and a basic package," says Hilton of the MC1.

"Initially I wanted to demonstrate that, in a short time, one designer can create and build a fresh design which is still possible for street development. This has helped immensely in order to quickly sell the concept, under limited budget constraints.
Hilton concludes: “In terms of future design, I believe we are going to see more dynamic and sculptural surfaces executed with a much higher demand on perceived and real quality elements."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Milton Keynes-based C2P Automotive is thought to top the list to engineer the car, and is understood to already have a prototype out and about on the roads.

MotorCity Europe seems to be keeping any further information about the MC1 under wraps, but if you want to find out more about the company visit: motorcityeurope.com

Engine: 6.0 litre all-aloy V10
Max power: 600bhp at 8,500rpm
Transmission: Six-speed double-clutch, rear-wheel drive
Weight: 1,450kg
0-60mph: 4.5seconds
Top speed: 200mph
Price: £250,000
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 5th Feb 2008 10:15pm
Ugly as fook im afraid and not eaxctly fast when you consider the cost...

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 5th Feb 2008 10:18pm
very futuristic
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 8:18am
Not sure about the looks think

Recon I prefer the Ascari smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 1:19pm
I'd have one smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 7:10pm
i kinda like it, though where are the headlights? lol
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 7:11pm
On each side of that mean grill maybe ?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 7:19pm
i did see that but they look too low and more like spotlights lol
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 8:01pm
not to my likeing it is so ugly
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 8:15pm
mmm what a beauty
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: Britain's New Supercar - MC1 - 6th Feb 2008 10:58pm
im want one for my birthday tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral