Forums
Ok heres a little guide on how to change your dial lights, It will be diffrent on all cars but most of it will be the same and you get the idea smile

First off buy your lights i paid £8.51 for mine posted off Ebay (Make sure they are for your car)

STEP 1:
Remove your plastic cover held in by two screws (Some cars wont have this)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
STEP 2:
Remove the 3 screws holding the clocks in place and take the clocks out (some cars will have more screws some will have less)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
STEP 3:
Take the lights out from the back of the clocks (I have 5, again some cars will have more some will have less)
[Linked Image]
STEP 4:
Take the lights out the housing and put the new light in then put them back in the same holes.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
STEP 5:
Plug your clocks back in but "DON'T" put all the screws etc etc back on.
[Linked Image]
STEP 6:
Turn your light on and check your new lights work, If they don't then take the "None working light" out of its housing and put it back in the other way, If all the lights are now working but say the speedo only half lights up then just take the housing out (leave the light in the housing) and put it back in the other way.
[Linked Image]
STEP 7:
If all lights are working and lights up all your stuff then put it all back together and your done.

If you are working in the day light a good way to check the light is to put a coat or sumat over your head and the speedo like i did, As you can see i took all the pics in the day but the checking the light ones looks like its at night but it aint wink

Now you go from this:
[Linked Image]
To this:
[Linked Image]

Hope this helps, Sean laugh

Posted By: jonah Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 6:52pm
thumbsup nice guide matey, really helpful
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 6:53pm
wish mine was that easy to do, bloody vauxhalls.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 6:55pm
Likewise Cali matey, av never had a car that easy frown

Ill have to check on me Rover sometime!
I love how there are no wires on the back of the dash haha it just plugs in, Its ace and easy to mess with lol raftl
lovein ya lights sean
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 7:16pm
Mine has got a cable speedo with a tiny clip right int he middle of the clocks which is a b!tch to remove and refit and the electrical clips are not help in place like yours
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 7:18pm
Excellent guide mate, thanks for posting smile
No probs Joe matey, You can pay me back with 3x CW stickers on the 7th tease smile

Cali, You got to love plug and play eh raftl
Posted By: Brocks Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 7:26pm
For Jonah:

http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=35591
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 8:25pm
nice lights matey
Posted By: Pomp Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 5th Feb 2008 10:25pm
Very nice quide, if only mine was that easy.
Cheers Kyle smile

I know pomp, I thought with it being Jap it would be mega hard but it was p!ss easy, one the the easy dashes iv ever worked on smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 6th Feb 2008 6:26pm
Originally Posted by Brocks

thought bout this many a time, looks good but would get someone with technical know how to do it......oh....GUY ! lol
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Changing your speedo/rev/temp/fuel lights - 6th Feb 2008 6:36pm
you lazy sod that half the fun doing it your self
© Wirral-Wikiwirral