Forums
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 5th Feb 2008 12:13am
Ok, So my rear speakers wernt working so i had a good play around today and it was a loose wire at the back of the tape player (yes tape player lol) now they are all working again i get a whining noise that goes with the revs ? It gets loud with the revs if you get me ???

Any ideas ?> its bugging me raftl
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 5th Feb 2008 12:19am
if the audio cables are too close to electrical cables it will cause interference.

Thats all I can think of.

Is it just the rear speakers?
Yeah just the rear speakers mate, I thought it was the engine or sumat and i was thinking "oh dear whats up" but its coming from the rear speakers haha.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 5th Feb 2008 12:23am
you sure you aint just got a dodgy window/door seal somwhere?

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 5th Feb 2008 12:23am
just check the cables at the back of your stereo for loose connections and try and keep them away from any other cables smile
Nah Matty its defo the rear speakers as it only started when i pluged them back in and like i said even when im stood still and rev it you can hear it lol, Kinda annoying lol.

Ill take it out and have a play with the wires tomorrow Joe and get back to you, Cheers smile
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 5th Feb 2008 5:20am
sounds like you need a suppressor on the live feed, quick cheat tip try putting your live from your tape??? player straight to the battery and see if that solves it, when you rev the voltage increases slightly, do you get interference on your radio if you switch wipers on too? try the direct feed thing even if you do just connect to live and run it in thru the window to the live on ya stereo just to test it, if that dont work place the said tape unit under a wheel and proceed to drive over it. remember in the olden days""" ezzy mark one and twos had static strips hanging from the back touching the floor, this is exactly what these where designed for to stop happening.if that works (live straight to battery)you can either keep it wired this way so no need for ignition for tunes or buy a suppressor which is only a few quid or 8000 at halfords but to be honest they hardly work so i would go for the direct live straight to battery option
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 5th Feb 2008 12:59pm
More often than not noise has a relation to a poor live or ground feed to the head unit.
A supressor may help, but its often a wiring issue tho.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 11th Feb 2008 8:11am
u get it sorted
Nope, iv give up with it haha.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 11th Feb 2008 4:07pm
pm customice about it mate,
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 11th Feb 2008 7:27pm
get a new head unit with them new fangled cd player things in it lol
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 12th Feb 2008 5:42pm
I'd need to hear the problem to properly advise smile
You going to the meet tomorrow night mate ?
Posted By: jonah Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 12th Feb 2008 6:38pm
not sure if he is, i'll ask him and let u know mate..
Cheers fella smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 13th Feb 2008 1:10pm
Almost definately not going to the meet mate, got lots on at the mo.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 13th Feb 2008 1:13pm
booo u n becki should come... not often me n steve are parolled...
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 13th Feb 2008 1:17pm
Might go, bex doesn't like that pub and is working late, may pop down for 20 mins, what time is everyone getting there?
Posted By: chiccy Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 13th Feb 2008 1:21pm
think there meetin at 8.. for us depends what time em gets her ass here!!
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Whining noise from rear speakers..... - 13th Feb 2008 2:55pm
anyone gonna post pics on here for us who are miles away to get a look at the crew and its wheels????????????????
© Wirral-Wikiwirral