Forums
Posted By: Pomp Holden Commodore VE Concept Cop Car With High Tech - 4th Feb 2008 3:29pm
Originally Posted by carscoop
As you can imagine, the Holden VE Commodore that you’re seeing in the pic isn’t your ordinary Aussie cop car. Developed by the Australian National Safety Agency in collaboration with partners including Holden, Motorola and Monash University's Accident Research Centre, the Emergency Services Concept Car features the latest in cutting-edge technology. Among other things, the Commodore cop car is equipped with a powerful all-in-one computer which quickly relays information to the user.

Here are some of the car’s high tech gadgets: Voice recognition software that allows police to use the computer while keeping their hands on the wheel; Front and
rear cameras that beam real-time footage to communications centers where a supervisor can monitor the car's speed and position; Automatic number plate recognition camera on the roof which is capable of scanning 5000 to 8000 cars in a 10-hour session (!) and -the best gadget- a system that fires a dart with an embedded GPS transponder into a suspect vehicle!

[Linked Image]
(Click Image to see larger picture)

Number 4 is a good gadget.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/01/holden-commodore-ve-concept-cop-car.html

hubby gonna be jealous, he wants a holden or vxr8 !
happy to the aussies.. Hehe. When i was in australia in 2000 my fiancee's brother has a Holden similar to the cop car but abit different its very fast LOL.. On by bebo im standing at the side of an old 1960's holden car its dalina's dad's she calls it the bomb cause its old.. The aircon's great though when its host a Little plug in fan LOL which blows the hot air around when its very hot.. Very helpful..

Click moi to see the Bomb.. (Holden 1960's)

check out number 4 & 5

I would love a holden commadore or a VXR8 just in another league

pound for pound nothing else can touch them
Didnt do as well as you make out on the Top Gear challenge though did it?? Towards the bottom of the pack I seem to recall?

It's not even a Vaux so why VXR badging, its a Holden, designed and built in Aus, with Vaux badges plonked on by the powers that be at GM headquarters...

Id personally take the Alfa 147 GTA Autodelta before id take this, same price range, much more class, and not a Ford or Vaux badge on the back... the 328bhp version is hellishly frightning, the 422bhp version is just downright rediculous!!

If they had kept the Holden badges on, it would help it shed loads, but the people who can afford these car's arnt going to want a Vauxhall lol.

smile
GM Motors had a factory which was a train ride away from dalina's it had its own train station for works heh.. Suppose when you got the money.. Buy your own Train station..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral