Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v Resale values - 3rd Feb 2008 11:56am
Ok, so i plan on selling the focus at the end of the year, if the finance company will buy it back, if not see what trade in i can get.

What i want to know is......................

Anyone have any idea how much an 06 meriva VXR will be worth by end of this year ????
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 9:51am
Meriva VXR omg

I know you like your Vauxhalls mate, but have a word with yourself - but a Meriva hand

Putting a VXR badge on a Meriva is like sticking stripes on a pair of brogues and selling them as trainers raftl
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 12:09pm
Stuy, i don't like the new corsa, and the astra is a bt much.

so happy medium, meriva same engine as corsa 180bhp and a small car.

Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 12:39pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:09pm
Ive had them as Hire Cars - TBH Im never happy sitting that high up in a "Performance" car - your just to high, and feel like your going to topple over. The pedals and wheel are beneth you rather than in front of you, and it just feels too much like driving a van.

The last one I had was a 1.8 one - IIRC I killed it down the rock during a burnout - All the warning lights came on, Speedo stopped working..... JUNK! raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:15pm
Yeah, they even look like their gonna fall over in the first corner they meet, Scott has owned both the 2004 and 2007 Zafira, the bigger brother, and as he puts it "it handles like a fish when it come's to coners"...

You could probably get much better for the same price range, albeit maybe a bit older... if you have to stick to Vauxhall though, ya gonna end up with "junk" from what everyone seem's to think of them anyway (not my personal opinion, I love the Vectra, but never really driven one so it could be shit lol).

smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:17pm
I seem to remember that story......

Never driven one so can't say what there like. I respect you stuy and your opinion.

Never know the astra VXR might be in my range if my wages go up enough.

Every car maker has a crap model.

Nissan = Micra raftl

Posted By: jonah Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:22pm
how very dare you matty, shit ! lol !.... had my Vectra 2 years now and am made up with it, never had a problem with it.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:23pm
lol I love them, think they look the business, the interior's look very nice too, but loadsa people say they are crap, and ive never driven one or owned one so dont have a clue idiot
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:24pm
Av driven the older one's, and they wernt a bad drive at all imho, nothing special, but certainly not bad, very comfortable, and I would hope that Vauxhall had have built upon that rather then gone backwards??

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:29pm
The new Vectra is a big improvment over the old one. Its not a bad car - Ive driven worse, but IMO its just not as good as its main competitor - The Mondeo....

If your gonna buy something "Sporty" though Daz, get something more like a conventional car, unless you really really really need the slightly better access for kids that you get with the Meriva.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Resale values - 4th Feb 2008 1:35pm
Need a 4 door really mate, and thats the only 4 door in the VXR range (i Think) not a chance on owning the Vectra VXR.

Maybe i will have to go older, Vectra GSI ?????
© Wirral-Wikiwirral