Forums
Posted By: CustomIce DEI Cry02 - 16th Jan 2008 1:08pm
I was having a browse in the Demon Tweeks catalog i got sent and stumbled upon this "new technology":

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=1

Its basically a cooling technology for air and fuel if you buy enough bits, the intercooler of your car too.

My question was, what would you suppose the gains would be, and versus the weight of the system when installed would it improve preformance?

Either way looks interesting, but expensive.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: DEI Cry02 - 16th Jan 2008 3:44pm
it would seem to be a way of getting round any motor racing law that says you cant use nitrous basically...
simple terms..the colder the air is..the more dense it is therefore the more o2 it has in it..the more o2 the better the burn...the more power...clear as mud?
im sure it would work but v expensive..and dont know how much xtra power ud get out it...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: DEI Cry02 - 16th Jan 2008 3:49pm
I think Rhys had a look at this a while back, not sure if it was the same thing though.

He probably knows a bit about it.

smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: DEI Cry02 - 17th Jan 2008 9:31am
simple terms..the colder the air is..the more dense it is therefore the more o2 it has in it..the more o2 the better the burn...the more power...

That much i understand, however does the air temp sensor not let the ECU adjust for more/less fuel to keep a lean mix?
I'm guessing that if you wanted to see any gains from it you'd need a different/piggyback ECU.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral