Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v Tints - 12th Jan 2008 2:23pm
Where still does these and whats the cos now a day.

it's for two side windows and back, limo black
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Tints - 12th Jan 2008 2:50pm
I know of a place in wolvo that does 3 door cars for £100 and 5 door cars for £150. Thats all 5 windows any tint any colour smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Tints - 12th Jan 2008 7:47pm
Tint Wizards are still about arent they????

Answered my own question here......http://www.tintwizard.co.uk/
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 12:50am
just a quick one...dont bother tinting the front side windows...police will have it off and give you at least 3 pojts for the pleasure...you have been warned!
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 12:56am
I thought you was alound a 25% tint on the front 2 windows ?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 12:59am
not necessarily, it must let a certain amount of light in and in some cars they come tinted as much as they can be as standard
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 1:02am
Yeah but for old crap none posh cars like mine its 25% i think lol as my windows are standard and didnt come with a slight tint lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 1:07am
Originally Posted by Bravo__Sean
I thought you was alound a 25% tint on the front 2 windows ?

nope..its GOT to let 70% of light in on side windows and 75% on main windscreen...and even "crap" cars have slightly tinted windows these days...so "any" film on it isnt a good idea
moreover if you have an crash at night/hours of darkness insurance companies generally WONT pay out...if you have tints...
added to which police dont like them as it makes it hard for them to see you...esp when they are on "blues and twos" and see that you have acknowldeged that they are coming through a red light for example

clear as mud???
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 1:12am
I thought you couldnt have any tint on the front screen ?

My windows are propper see through lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 12:04pm
Originally Posted by Bravo__Sean
I thought you couldnt have any tint on the front screen ?

My windows are propper see through lol

you will find that all most all cars come as standard with tinted windows...because the glass they make windows from is recycled..and therefore tinted due to the impurities. That added to the laminate means that it may appear "proper clear" but actaully isnt as good as you think...have a look at the etching on the bottom corner and it will usually tell you what % of light transmission is on it...
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Tints - 14th Jan 2008 12:33pm
Ok mate ill have a look later, Cheers for the info anyways smile
Posted By: John_DW Re: Tints - 21st May 2008 11:14pm
The legal limit of the fronts is 30% tint and most cars come with at least a 5% tint as standard. Even a 30% tint is not really noticable. I have 50% alround and have never had any problems with the rozzers.
Posted By: hyundai Re: Tints - 5th Sep 2008 5:12pm
so just to get this straight, you're allowed tints on the back window and both back side windows as long as they allow 70% of the light through?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Tints - 5th Sep 2008 5:18pm
Driver door and passenger doors have to let 70% of the light through, rear windows can be limo tint but will look sh1t.
Posted By: hyundai Re: Tints - 5th Sep 2008 5:21pm
Originally Posted by Philw
Driver door and passenger doors have to let 70% of the light through, rear windows can be limo tint but will look sh1t.

lol yeah agreed. cheers for clearing that one up
Posted By: jonah Re: Tints - 5th Sep 2008 8:14pm
got mine done dark smoke by TOTALTINTING in bromborough, go see gaz there and tell him ur off cruisewirral, top job and they look great see my mmc for pics or his website and my vectra vxr is on the gallery section
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Tints - 5th Sep 2008 8:38pm
ill second that, total tinting did mine too. top job!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Tints - 5th Sep 2008 8:50pm
See this topic

If you PM the member 'total_tinting' through Cruisewirral, you will receive a 10% discount smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral