Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v X-Box - 12th Jan 2008 1:37pm
Ok so my car has no radio fitted at present, it has got bullet type connectors.

With that out the way, i want to purchase an indash screen for my car. would prefer a not to expensive one, maybe the one Pomp posted from argos for £99. is it possible to hook up an X-Box (not 360, old style) to this. if not can anyone recommend something i could use.

Thanks Guys & Gals
Posted By: chiccy Re: X-Box - 12th Jan 2008 1:41pm
hubby got his stuff from customice,best pm him as he's good at wot he does and gets really good products. Go on Jonahs mmc and you'll see the screens etc he and customice have put in !
Posted By: CustomIce Re: X-Box - 14th Jan 2008 9:59am
Yup, fairly simple to do.
I can sort you out with the power supply inverter and wiring needed, All that should be needed if you get a HU with an aux input is the 3 phonos red, white (L&R audio) & yellow (vid)

The only issue you may have is putting the Xbox somewhere it can't be seen but can still be used.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: X-Box - 14th Jan 2008 12:49pm
I have an X-Box im selling if your intrested ? smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: X-Box - 14th Jan 2008 12:54pm
Originally Posted by CustomIce

The only issue you may have is putting the Xbox somewhere it can't be seen but can still be used.

could always modifiy the glove compartment i guess if he doesnt use it for much, altho heat could then become an issue i suppose
Posted By: CustomIce Re: X-Box - 14th Jan 2008 1:06pm
No problem in installing a couple of 12v fans to take care of the heat.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: X-Box - 14th Jan 2008 5:07pm
Got an x-box thats why i'm thinking of doing this. so it is just a case of the 3 wires then going into aux ports on the head unit.

didn't think it would be that simple. nice one.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: X-Box - 14th Jan 2008 5:09pm
I think the PS2's are best to put in cars as you can get the slim line one and it fits in most gloveboxs nice smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: X-Box - 16th Jan 2008 12:07am
the best way to do this is with the power board that u can fit inside the x-box unit, as this leaves more space for u. and then u dont need a massive power inverter
© Wirral-Wikiwirral