Forums
Posted By: StuyMac The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 11:30am
The Tata Nano at just under £1300:

[Linked Image]

BBC News

Its going to be shite isnt it raftl
Posted By: CustomIce Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:23pm
wow 33bhp!

India only by the look of the article though.
Posted By: Pomp Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:23pm
Lmao ha hahaha

mmmm talking about going green an they makin cars so nearly every one with a bit of wealth can get one brand new.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:27pm
would love to see someone max one of these out lmao, was gonna say bigger engine but not sure where u could put it LOL
Posted By: Pomp Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:29pm
heh yeh
Posted By: CustomIce Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:40pm
Rip the back seats out and pop a hyabusa engine or two in it - instant death!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:43pm
There was on the MG Rover forums weeks ago and ill repeat what I said there on here too all the doubters and people who have no idea what its for:

Originally Posted by MattyC on MG Rover.org
Hey dont knock it until you see it. The Dacia Logan (Renault owned brand in Romania) is only a few grand to buy brand new (and Romanian labour is more expensive then chinese labour) but the quality and drive is actually reportedly very good considering the cost.

Lets put it this way, its a 4 door saloon for less then £3000, and the build quality/materials is as good as that found in £7000 Corsa's.

At the end of the day, anyone who buys a car like this knows there will be cutbacks on certain things. If you buy a car for less then £3000 and expect it to be top notch, then you are severely deluded and need help. Anyone who buys one will do so soley for cost and a brand new car, under warranty, which should work without hassle and niggles you get with a used car, for less the £3000 is excellent in any form.

People who will buy this car will buy it to a serve a purpose, to get from a to b and thats it. That will be a purpose it will serve well.

Much better then walking, I can tell ye!

Btw, dont just write it off because its Tata either, are about to own Land Rover and Jaguar, and amongst other brands, the Rover brand...

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:49pm
LMAO, its like a cheap Chinese electrical item, it works, its fantastic value for money....

...but still shite raftl

...and as for them owning Land Rover, Jaguar, and Rover, these have been some of the worst built cars ever in the past omg
Posted By: Pomp Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 12:57pm
It is much better then walking but wud ye have a brand new tata or a second hand rover at the cost even cheaper than the tata bein second hand an all.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 1:01pm
Tata or Rover think

....think Id find something else raftl .... Ive had a Rover before.
Posted By: Pomp Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 1:03pm
Aimed that at Matty lol, ad prob go for a second hand Honda. Much better smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 3:07pm
I dont know much about cars but i do like the look of tata's safari.. Its not the inside i like its the outside.. tease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Safaridicor.jpg
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 3:18pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
I dont know much about cars but i do like the look of tata's safari.. Its not the inside i like its the outside.. tease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Safaridicor.jpg

eww
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 3:23pm
you cant polish a turd...and you get what you pay for...at 1300 quid its only marginally better than walking and it says im a cheapskate tight fisted gimp who wont get a proper car...

for god sake you can get a reasonable cavalier for 220 quid...apparently!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 3:24pm
Lee what drugs you smoking, can i have some, thats awful
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 3:28pm
Its gayer than Elton John bumming Graham Norton on primetime TV!!!

Find a mirror and have a word with yourself noonoo
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 4:27pm
ha ha quality
Posted By: jonah Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 4:30pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Its gayer than Elton John bumming Graham Norton on primetime TV!!!

Find a mirror and have a word with yourself noonoo
joint design by ray charles and stevie wonder !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 4:49pm
Originally Posted by Pomp
Aimed that at Matty lol, ad prob go for a second hand Honda. Much better smile

The Rover 400 is a Honda Domani/Civic you mellon.

Stuy, I forgot, everyone around the world has as much money as youm, can afford to run, maintain and uprate 2 high performance cars as well a high spec beemer, and this car isnt warranted to be released.

Im afraid you need to wake up, there are millions of people across the world that cannot afford £5000+ for a new car, not even a few grand for a second hand, and this will benefit them.

Okay, maybe not so much in the UK and the US because people dont think anything of getting a car on finance (haha the biggest joke ever, like my brand new car... sorry whos car is that, aha its really the finance companies), but in many other places this car will be the difference between walking and driving.

On these forums, it seems unless a car has "street cred" or is built to be modified, there are far too many people who will just make fun of it and dismiss it.

In a world of rising oil prices, shortage of oil full stop, increasing costs all round with regards to cars and taxation, then eco-friendly cars are the way forward. I wouldnt want to see the bill for running your Nissan down the road in 10 years Stuy, or that of any other modern high performance car. Hence why diesels are now selling as much as petrols!!

And once the economy goes into recession (which it WILL happen no matter what you or anyone else says), then affordable cars/second hand cars will be the only way the majority of people will be able to get ahold of them.

I dont particuarly like the looks of any Tata cars (thats excluding the fact that they will soon own Jaguar as I like the looks of a few Jags) but nobody can argue that cars like this serve a purpose and serve it well.

And as was mentioned on more then one occasion on the MG Rover forums, when Japanese cars were first launched, people thought ewww I would never buy a Jap car, and everyone said nah there is no place for them in the European or US market.

And fast forward 30 years, and Toyta, Honda, Nissan are all doing very nicely in both the US and EU markets thank you. The same could be said for SAIC/NAC and TATA... who would wanna buy them in the US and EU markets? Right now, I would rather have an old Ford Fiesta then a TATA (although if and when SAIC/NAC release the MG7 and Roewe 750 I would consider the sportier versions as their basically the Rover 75/MG ZT but bought up to date), but in 20 years time, they could be the Honda of the 2000's, a highly respected manufacturer, even if they dont have the "street cred" that some brands do.

Not everything is about going as fast as possible, tweaking every last inch of performance out of your engine, LOOSING THE USE OF YOUR CAR FOR MONTHS WHILST YOU GET IT TWEAKED... there are millions of car owners in the UK who dont even like driving, they have a car to get from a to b, and hope that car is reliable, they dont car about the performance or the "street cred", hence why so many people prefer to buy £7000 Corsa's rather then spending much less on a much higher performance car.

If people cant see the real world and think everything is about performance and racing, and beating ya mates from the lights, having the power to go bragging about to ya mates and anyone else who wants to listen, then fair enough. But you are in the minority, the average car owner doesnt really give a damn, so long as their car starts each morning, is as cheap as possible to buy and maintain and gives them years of service.

smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 4:56pm
Matty mate that was a bit full on.

most of it is true, but remember this site WAS CRUISEWIRRAL and thats what this site was about. modified cars.

Ok so times have changed people have grown up and moved on. some of us still wont to "tweak" our cars as a hobby.

yours might be computers and software but people don't slate you for that do they.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 5:03pm
Originally Posted by Dazzz
Matty mate that was a bit full on.

most of it is true, but remember this site WAS CRUISEWIRRAL and thats what this site was about. modified cars.

Ok so times have changed people have grown up and moved on. some of us still wont to "tweak" our cars as a hobby.

yours might be computers and software but people don't slate you for that do they.

Im not slating anyone mate, just cant see why people have to take the piss out of a car just because of its price tag or brand name.

Maybe the site should go back to Cruisewirral then, as its not a car enthusiasts site if a car needs to be a certain "street credible" brand, or can be tweaked/modified to high heaven?

On other forums I am a member of, there has been slurring of this car, writing it off because of its price, but there has always been a feeling of respect for the car meeting its purpose, but I suppose they are car enthusiasts, not just cruisers who dont like to be known as cruisers anymore?

If someone said to me, you have £1300 in your bank, which you can spend on a new car, but you cant choose a second hand one, and deffo couldnt afford anything better, and all I needed was a car to get me to and from work, then im not being funny, but jib the busses and trains, id choose this!!

I personally wouldnt be seen dead in one... but I have the forsight to understand that a car like this would be suitable for someone like me mum (low wages, needs to get to and from work, im taking here and bringing her back atm as public transport costs her £5.00 a day) I wouldnt be surprised, that should it be released over here (would probably bee more then double the price though), it outsells some of the most popular cars on our roads today, although that is depended upon TATA getting the reliability right and probably putting a bit more performance into it!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 5:16pm
To be honest with you matty i do agree. Cars need to serve a perpose. take the G-Wiz. god that car is awful on the eye, but far to small and with england not far behind that states on obesity small cars have no place in england. also it's not even a car it's a quad-cycle so doesn't need a safe test. how safe are these small cars.

Then take the new lancia thing made by Renault costs a few grand where ever it's made but there gonna bring it out over here at double the price so therefore a cheap car serving a purpose becomes another main stream car with nothing special about it apart from it will only get 3 stars on the euro NCAP because it's made from blue tac and tin foil.

I don't trust small cars, might be cheap and chearful but you hit an 18 wheeler and your dead and thats a fact.

Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 5:17pm
i personally dont like both cars but the price is ok for what you get smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 5:22pm
with england not far behind that states on obesity small cars have no place in england.

Haha quality Daz raftl raftl

Then take the new lancia thing made by Renault costs a few grand where ever it's made but there gonna bring it out over here at double the price so therefore a cheap car serving a purpose becomes another main stream car with nothing special about it apart from it will only get 3 stars on the euro NCAP because it's made from blue tac and tin foil.

I don't trust small cars, might be cheap and chearful but you hit an 18 wheeler and your dead and thats a fact.

I agree about the safety aspect of cheap cars, but fortunatly the EU regs are getting stricter and stricter with regards to passenger saftey, and now finally they also getting strict with rgeards to pedstrian safety. So any car that is sold in the UK will have to meet the safety requirements laid down by the EU, which bumps up cost of course, but makes a car a more viable option.

Bigger cars dont always mean safer though, the crash test video of the Honda Civic version of the Rover 400/45 is on YouTube... and lets just say I can see why Rover never got the 400/45/ZS Ncapped grin

If Renault ever release the Dacia Logan in the UK (I didnt know they were planning to), it has been a phenomenan in Romania, selling hundreds of thousands in an economy where new cars were until recently considered a luxury, I dont think it will sell all too badly over here, it will probably hit the £5000 level over here, but still thats not obscene for a 4 door medium sized saloon car.

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The Worlds Cheapest New Car £1300! - 10th Jan 2008 5:24pm
Fact - a car built to a budget of £1300 is going to be crap compaired to even the most basic car available.

Im not saying its bad, or bad value for money, im just saying its built to a budget (a very low budget) and therefore not very good.

I also never posted anything personal, just answered a post with another option.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral