Forums
This guy found the solution...

Veyron
Lmao, but when they say the beast would now have a top speed of around 260, they are chatting bollocks tbh, the "standard" Veyron would be able to do in excess of 260mph, but for safety reasons, VW electronically limit it to 254mph.

That just means that providing the limiter has been removed, this "modified" version would be even faster then that still! raftl
Oh my good god!
just 1 question why lol
More money then sense is the answer lol.

grin
yer sounds like it lol
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Lmao, but when they say the beast would now have a top speed of around 260, they are chatting bollocks tbh,

They do say that they recon - they arnt official figures.

I cant imagine for one minute that if they modified the car for top speed, the speed ,limiter would be the first thing to go.

Also bear in mind that the higher the speed, the more bhp you need to go faster. ie an extra 50bhp on a 100bhp car may give it 20mph extra on the top end, 50bhp on a 500bhp car will make very little difference.

Would love to see the Veyron on the top gear test track, and see how well it can be driven in anger with corners - anyone can drive fast in a straight line, James May tested its top speed FFS raftl
Stig it! laugh
matty please prove to me the veron was limited to 253mph or whatever the top speed is lol.
I think they put a speed limiter on it as it got to the aerodynamic stability limit. Its pretty common knowledge that VW did fit it with an electronically controlled speed limiter.

....though, after seeing some of the videos of its top speed runs, it does pretty much top out at the limited speed (This may be effected by conditions etc).

The crazy thing here is that it was limited for stability reasons, so it may have gone faster with the std power, this one only mentions that the power has been up'd, and not also had the aerodynamics improved also - not an easy task as VW, a multimillion £££ company gave up and limited its speed with a small bit of code in the ECU... think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral