Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 6:05pm
Happened yesterday, think it was russia

Racing against a mercedes benz a bmw tourer loses control swerving inbetween 2 lorries and ends up smashing into an oncoming petrol carrier.
All this caught on camera.

Also aftermath pictures

Click Here Budgies
sorry
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 6:27pm
good riddance to dickheads like that, hope the lorry driver and other drivers on the roads avoided injury lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 6:42pm
Serves em right. Had a quick look at the first few photos it looks a good find, on me media centre atm though, will have a proper look later on the old laptop.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 7:48pm
Have a heart people, you cant tell me you`ve never raced?
They were only young, think of their familys, everyone acts a tit once in a while but they dont deserve to die! idiot Morons!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 7:51pm
Racing at 150mph is a bit different to doing 90mph on a motorway though, anyone doing them speeds is asking for trouble. So yes, it does serve them right.

wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 8:00pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Racing at 150mph is a bit different to doing 90mph on a motorway though, anyone doing them speeds is asking for trouble.

wink

I agree but....
Lets not forget it was in a different country budgie!
They probably don`t have strict limits in that country so they will be used to driving like morons! wink
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 8:03pm
rip. frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 8:06pm
The highest national speed limit in Russia is only 110km/h (which is less then 70mph), okay they may not enforce it as strictly as the UK, but they are not a third world country, they do have traffic police and do use modern methods to both catch and deter offenders (basically they are not the out of date and skint communists everyone makes them out to be).

Whether they are used to breaking the speed limit and getting away with it or not, 150mph is way way over the nation limit.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 8:32pm
That does not mean to say they deserved to die.
Yes it is over the limit slightly, lol, but comeon matthew, have a little respect. laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 8:34pm
Well id rather they die now, then kill a load of other innocent people further down the line with their ruthless speeding.

Sounds harsh, but its so true.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 27th Jul 2007 8:38pm
hmmm, cannot argue with that. smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 28th Jul 2007 4:49pm
so very true, but there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of reckless behaviour or endagering other people on a public road, whatever the country, road rules or speed limit.... Utter stupidity noonoo
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 29th Jul 2007 10:56am
I dont think they were actually doin 150mph as that is a E30 touring and its 4-up. The top model was 325i with a top speed of about 135mph and thats with one person. However, this was still a stupid bit of driving...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Bmw occupants killed at 150mph - 29th Jul 2007 5:31pm
i did wonder about the 150mph, thought it was more likely kmh which would be about 90-100mph
© Wirral-Wikiwirral