Forums
Posted By: scoop Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 7:13pm
Just got this thru today after buying it last week form Teebay. pics of my set-up. Everything works well.got loads and loads of stuff in the box such as

4 cross overs
about 70 straight long bits
half a dozen short straight bits
Over 20 45 degree corners
Grid
Power base
Gravel traps and railings
White orange and red barriers
Stickers
2 "sports" hand controllers
2 focus rally cars with mirrors etc still attatched
half a dozen spare brushes

Gonna expand this lot by buying more cars and a few trick bits,cud do with raising the track to get more track in the same space

Pics
Start line heading up to first right hander then right left right chicane to meet chest of drawers
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cross over then right a tad to hairpin left
[Linked Image]

Wiggles up then wiggles back along wardrobe
[Linked Image]

Cross over at the end of the wiggling back then hairpin right and 90 deg left to start finish line
[Linked Image]

Close up of hairpin by bedside table,note the spare track
[Linked Image]

Modified home straight with 2 extra X-overs i found in spare track
[Linked Image]

Barrier up in dangerous corner
[Linked Image]

All the spare track,nearly 60 foot long pieces
[Linked Image]

The focis
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
With theyre arses out D1 style - note: this was a set up shot,not actually in motion lol
[Linked Image]

Its a good track set up i think and the cars drift well round a few corners,especially bedside hairpin's outside lane

What do u guys think,maybe we shud make this topic a "show us your toys"
Posted By: Mark Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 7:21pm
Ha ha ha quality....

How long did it take you set that course up?

Looks like hours of fun lol...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 7:31pm
Used to like Scalextric but it gets a bit boring after a few goes lol.

You really should get a lap counter so you can have races with mates.

smile
Posted By: spinking Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 8:47pm
Exellent i'll race you with mine.

You can get good stuff for them now.

You can even hook them up to the pc and race against that.
Posted By: AL Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 9:02pm
Quality scoop I bought a set off Whelan love it. I bought a Aston Martin DBR9 GT my pride and joy! would definetly reccomend a lap counter and possibly a jump adds a bit of excitement to it [Linked Image]

We could have some race nights!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 9:03pm
That is quality

I used to love it too, but as Matty said, it does get boring after a while.

I might have to invest in one too now, especially competeing against the PC think
Posted By: scoop Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 9:08pm
Al,just so happens that is the exact car that i MUST have,been chasing em on ebay, 40 quid tho...all new.

track took about 45 mins to set up,and a few mins here and there to change. it used to be a simpler T shape,but now its jsut chicane after chicane in a T shape,with more and more barriers going up every second. getting really good at it,so is sandy surprisingly! was shocked it never had a lap counter,the one i had as a kid had one and it came with the kit. I want a lap counter,a flyover or two and a jump. as well as a few crossroads in the + shape,not the criss cross ones. with the new scalex digital u can hook it up to ur PC and race people online,mad eh. i want to get some drift brushes too,as found on the 350z's in the powerslide kit,theyre only £1.50 for 10 and make it nigh on impossible to drift off the track. the only reason i fall off now is due to big drifts and the brushes reaching theyre limit of about 30 degrees steering then the G-force just pulls it off the track
Posted By: AL Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 9:16pm
I got my aston from the entertainer toy shop in cheshire oaks for £30 want to try there before ebay.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 9:28pm
Good stuff, that'll get annoying when you trip over a barrier or stand on a cone in the middle of the night lol laugh
Posted By: scoop Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 10th Mar 2007 9:29pm
think i'll wait for a second hand beasty on Ebay. got a few other cars i want that are cheap as chips.brand new ford GT for under a tenner! pow.

Wanna digital it up sometime soon aswell, am i getting too into this?? nah
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 11th Mar 2007 12:56pm
Used to love Scalextric, but got bored quite easily frown

All that track will certainly keep you entertained though - the boxed kits where far to short.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 11th Mar 2007 1:39pm
I have got 3 sets at my mums, RS500's, Mighty Metro and Super Saloons, they are probs rusty though frown. Going to put them in the loft in my garage when we finally get sorted in this house.

The only thing with scaletrix, once it gets to big, the power doesn't seem to get round it to well (even when you clean the tracks) so the cars start to slow down at the furthest point frown
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 11th Mar 2007 1:43pm
the above was me
Posted By: Wheels Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 11th Mar 2007 3:09pm
easy fix

MORE POWER!!! use a adjustable power pack and up the voltage!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 11th Mar 2007 7:51pm
raftl

If it has a motor, its gaurenteed that any bloke will have the desire to make it go faster laugh
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 12th Mar 2007 9:38am
tell me about it, you should see the new air filter i have put on my Vacuum Cleaner! tease
Posted By: Mark Re: Scalextric - my new toy - 12th Mar 2007 9:57am
pmsl (above)

© Wirral-Wikiwirral