Forums
Posted By: DavidB Do you like your job? - 6th Mar 2007 8:17pm
I work for trading standards, we have been pursuing a farmer for over seven months now; let's just say he's dodgy and a very slippery customer. He owes hundreds of thousands to hundreds of individuals and businesses. After a few injunctions and appeals, today his appeal was rejected in high court, and he loses possession of his entire herd (which he has never paid for).

Tommorow we have to slaughter just under 600 cattle on a farm in Cheshire, I have to be present, I haven't eaten meat in 11 years, and I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. frown I don't think it's fair, but do think the farmer who caused all this should be the first one that should be slaughtered. frown

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.c...18632941&siteid=50020-name_page.html

Posted By: Mark Re: Do you like your job? - 6th Mar 2007 9:56pm
That's just wrong isnt it...
I guess you will get through the day the best way you can.

Why isnt common sense addopted.

Shoot the farmer, and sell the cattle ? doh
Posted By: Wheels Re: Do you like your job? - 6th Mar 2007 10:02pm
He was not following laws introduced since mad cow disease. maybe he could of put us at risk? not good if it was your child that was affected.

Sometimes you do what you have to in order to survive.

good luck mate.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Do you like your job? - 6th Mar 2007 11:22pm
eye, good luck to you, can t stand peeps who don t go by the rules !
Posted By: jonah Re: Do you like your job? - 7th Mar 2007 5:04pm
omg, been away 2 days, just read this, how you get on today ??
Posted By: scoop Re: Do you like your job? - 7th Mar 2007 5:22pm
the guy shud be dealt with severely,but why must the cattle be killed???? the could be sold. Theyre doing the guy for animal cruelty then killing the poor things? are they getting turned into meat or just gonna be wasted?

and in response to the topic title, i love and hate my job,depending how each day turns out, this week is shit,but im going to cyprus for 4 weeks in the summer, someones gotta do it tease
Posted By: DavidB Re: Do you like your job? - 7th Mar 2007 11:18pm
The farmer had been changing the identities of the animals. If there is a hereditary disease in the family, it can't be traced, and the animal cannot go into the food chain (remember BSE). The animals are cremated after they are killed (humanely as possible) - they were malnurished on the farmer's premises, many had to be put down before they were moved off. At least for the past 4 weeks they have had huge barns to stay in and have had 24 hour 'assistance'. They look like different animals.
There have been about 40 calves born on the new farm, they will all be sold. (as they are 'tracable') smile
I don't agree with it at all though, I got thinking about it last night, it's harsh.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral