Forums
Posted By: Wheels What fuel to use? here's the answer.. - 5th Mar 2007 10:59pm
I came across this video on youtube about the differences in power/performance with fuels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smLkmCRl6n0

well worth watching. you could be wasting money happy

p.s sorry if its been seen before.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: What fuel to use? here's the answer.. - 5th Mar 2007 11:11pm
Interesting find, pretty much confirms what the general perspective is, if your car is higher performance/import, higher octane fuel will help.

Personally, with my car being aimed at economy rather then performance I would only ever run Optimax/V-Power in the month before an MOT as it can help clean the fuel system and lower emissions, its pretty much the same as adding Redex to ya fuel lol.

smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: What fuel to use? here's the answer.. - 5th Mar 2007 11:17pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
I would only ever run Optimax/V-Power in the month before an MOT as it can help clean the fuel system and lower emissions, its pretty much the same as adding Redex to ya fuel lol.

smile

? didnt know that, i will bare it in mind for my October MOT. happy
Posted By: Mark Re: What fuel to use? here's the answer.. - 6th Mar 2007 9:24am
Very intresting : I'm diesel frown
Posted By: CustomIce Re: What fuel to use? here's the answer.. - 6th Mar 2007 9:52pm
I'd possibly be better off on a higher octane fuel, but i'm too tight to buy it lol! laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral