Forums
Posted By: blinkyspoogle mid-90s imprezas - 7th Feb 2007 9:11pm
seriously considering getting one and was wondering if anyone had any comments about their experiences with mid-90s WRX/STi scoobys
Posted By: Mark Re: mid-90s imprezas - 7th Feb 2007 9:15pm
May help : coffee Click Me

It gets more intresting towards the end of the topic.

Do a search in the MMC as we have had a few over the years,
that you can review.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: mid-90s imprezas - 8th Feb 2007 9:43am
don't they go lean on number4 piston due to the fuel rail? modified ones anyway.

clutch replacment is around 4ton and the flywheel more than likley needs skimming due to heat marks on the face. check the car has had it's plugs changed as it is quite a high labour cost due to the placment of the heads.

the air con pumps can be noisy but that is due to age really.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: mid-90s imprezas - 8th Feb 2007 10:17am
BHP / £ is pretty good.

Dont really like being modded heavily and can suffer bottom end problems (Piston problems generally only occur on ones running higher boost levels)

Very safe Handling car with tendancy to understeer with controlable lift off oversteer.

Plugs are less than an hours work, but due to their location, they are more tricky than a conventional car.
Posted By: scoop Re: mid-90s imprezas - 8th Feb 2007 3:14pm
the later the model the better the car, i want a scooby one day but think i'll opt for a bug eye one, watch out for modded ones, if someones upped the boost on poverty spec pistons then i'd steer clear, apparently the STi has stronger pistons,i'd personally buy a standard one and work it myself,properly,with the advice of a major scooby tuner
© Wirral-Wikiwirral