Forums
Posted By: Brocks Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 2nd Feb 2007 9:09pm
I had my 120bhp Vectra Cdti ECU remapped by the 888 team today. They reckon I should have around 170 now. They said they'd be interested in seeing some rolling road results and so would I.

The car has traction control and it cannot be bypassed. I need a site who can deal with this.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 2nd Feb 2007 9:12pm
oops just found the Peco link!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 2nd Feb 2007 10:35pm
If the Peco rolling road can cater for this, there are arranged Cruisewirral dates every now and again where you can use it for around £30!

The next one will probably be in the summer sometime though as there was one not so long ago.

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 3rd Feb 2007 1:15pm
Unfortunatly Peco wont be able to give you a torque reading as they dont have the tool to read the RPM on a diesel car.

They also wont be able to turn the TC off.

Have you tried fitting an OEM TC button, or even easier, removing the fuse (Its prolly on the ABS Curcuit as it uses the ABS wheel speed sensors) smile
Posted By: lawton Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 3rd Feb 2007 4:35pm
there is quite a new rolling road in cheshire oaks, think its four wheel drive aswell
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 3rd Feb 2007 8:27pm
Actually in ch'oaks?
Posted By: Brocks Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 3rd Feb 2007 11:16pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Unfortunatly Peco wont be able to give you a torque reading as they dont have the tool to read the RPM on a diesel car.

They also wont be able to turn the TC off.

Have you tried fitting an OEM TC button, or even easier, removing the fuse (Its prolly on the ABS Curcuit as it uses the ABS wheel speed sensors) smile

That rules Peco Out!

The TC loom is not fitted to the car. It's one of the first things we in the Vectra-c community look for. The canabus system (onboard computer) makes it more or less impossible to bodge it aswell. Removing the fuses to the TC,ESP and ABS has been suggested elsewhere but other regulars in my situation reckon a good RR site can manage without doing that. Besdies I believe the ECu hates it and throws all sorts of wobblies!

I could go to a Vx dealer pay £70 to have it disabled and then another £70 to re-enable it after the RR job. NOT!

Originally Posted by lawton
there is quite a new rolling road in cheshire oaks, think its four wheel drive aswell

Tell me more!
Posted By: scoop Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 4th Feb 2007 7:28pm
Maybe contact these RRs that can disable the TC and ask em how they do it,then u veccy C guys can DIY it. Stuy,can peco not get the RPM reading at all? not even if they tapped into the rev counter wire behind the dash?
Posted By: grizz Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 7th Mar 2007 8:23pm
you can turn the t/c off by unpluging the abs sensor on the front hub.. it works on zafira's ok .
Posted By: Brocks Re: Looking for a Good Rolling Site locally. - 8th Mar 2007 7:58pm
Cheers Grizz.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral