Forums
Posted By: Wheels Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 2:35pm
the other day I was on my way home and as i was going through the speed camera it went off flashing twice eek , i looked around and I was the only car in the area. moments before it went off i did check my speed and i was at 30mph, i checked after the flash and it was still 30mph!?. why did I get flashed if i was not speeding?. confused

Can they take a false reading for some reason?.

Im just waiting now for a letter to come through and I will deny being at any fault. mad
Posted By: lawton Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 2:38pm
weve been up at the rock nearly every night since last tuesday, and been going off loads, and i mean loads, alot more than normal, so i think the is something wrong wiht it, i wouldnt worry about it mate
Posted By: Pomp Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 2:43pm
i dunno mate, i go past there loads within 30mph limit, have u got big alloys or something that could make ur car go a further then it realli is. cuz me cousin said he has 18inc wheels n altho ur on 30mph u could probably go 31-32mph. so every time he slows right down to 27-28mph
Posted By: Wheels Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 2:52pm
Im back on 15's or 16's now (cant remember) Factory spec wheels so it cant be that. i will be puttin the 17's on today so ill bare it in mind.

cheers lawton you put my mind more at ease.
Posted By: lawton Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 2:54pm
put it this way, i think on tusday every couple of minutes one of us would notice it flashing, and anyway, even if you were speeding, its prob flashed that many times this week, there will be no film left, lol
Posted By: kaytie Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 2:55pm
its been doin it for about an week an a half now hun, its faulty so i wouldnt worry about it!
were up there every night and as lawton sed its goin off more then usual!
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 4:32pm
It flashed me last week and I wasnt speeding. Will be interesting to see if anything comes through the post.
Posted By: kaytie Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 4:37pm
i doubt it, its jus faulty, we were watching it the other day wen we was down the rock and it was falshing 2wich every few mins!
Posted By: Pomp Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 28th Aug 2006 6:53pm
no worries u got all the troops backup here lol, ppl who have witnessed the flashes laugh
Posted By: learner Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 30th Aug 2006 11:19am
it happened to me last night with emma in the car. i made sure i was was doing 25 so the b*******s cant say anything.
me n emma noticed it the other week, just flashing at random people. takes the piss dont it smile lol
Posted By: kaytie Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 31st Aug 2006 12:17am
yeah bcoz i drove past it the other day but going in the oppisite direction, ad it flashed but no1 had gone throught it tho!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 31st Aug 2006 6:08pm
Tanx gurlz n guuys! aint had nothing in the post so you lot are correct.

Cookies all round! smile
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 1st Sep 2006 8:08pm
Could be up to 2 weeks before you get the brown envelope, but even so, if you ever get flashed there's only a 1 in 8 chance you'll hear anything back!
Posted By: kaytie Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 1st Sep 2006 8:10pm
how come?
Posted By: Pomp Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 1st Sep 2006 8:19pm
oh rite, no wonder me mum gets away wiv soo many camera flashes. shes had 2 flashes, not recently but all seperate n she hasnt heard nothing about it!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 1st Sep 2006 8:20pm
Various reasons incl. faulty cameras, lazy coppers, friendly coppers, film run out, no film in the first place, etc, etc..
Posted By: spinking Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 4th Sep 2006 10:18am
Think its broke matey me being the idiot i am went through at 40 (thinking it was a 40 limit sorry
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 4th Sep 2006 10:53am
Id say it was screwed as well. I went past it yesterday with Adam in the Starlet, it was pointing the other way, and it flashed at an invisable car confused
Posted By: kaytie Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 4th Sep 2006 11:00am
Originally posted by StuyMac:
Id say it was screwed as well. I went past it yesterday with Adam in the Starlet, it was pointing the other way, and it flashed at an invisable car confused
yeah that happend the other day too
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 4th Sep 2006 4:06pm
Maybe its just been set like to remind people that they can be flashed???

I mean, people do seem forget about speed camera's and things and reguarly drive way over the limits.

Not everyone sits down the rock like we do, so most people wont be aware there is a problem with it.

In this case, people who see it going off, will be reminded that they should stick to the speed limits to be safe. Also, if it is randomly flashing people, then these people are probably less likely to think about speeding anywhere, at least for a few weeks!

Not a conventional theory I know, but I am pretty sure they would have had it fixed/turned off by now if it was broken.

Only 24% of camera's on Merseyside are active at any given time anyway. This is official from the local speed camera enforcement service.

smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 5th Sep 2006 2:42pm
It flashed me on sunday doing a tad over 20 (due to a quueue up ahead) and it flashed as i was going towards it with no1 on the other side of the road (invisable car) yesterday

So i'd say its broken,that area is awful for speeding tho,police are there a lot hiding between the KFC and the SHELL
Posted By: txt3rob Re: Greed Camera by the Rock - 9th Sep 2006 1:33pm
its flashed before me and kate drove thru a few weeks back its ****ed its gotta be.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral