Forums
Posted By: fordsteve need help - 29th Jan 2007 9:03am
hi all i need help i just got a 02 plate mondeo 1.8 lx already got induction kit installed were do i start next plus does not help am on a bugget as well
Posted By: Sanchez Re: need help - 29th Jan 2007 9:29am
decat, only £40ish on ebay, 30 minute job to do, couple of bhp gain, oil change filter and plugs, wiperblades, these are what i do to a car when i first get it.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: need help - 29th Jan 2007 9:36am
Moved this to a more appropriate forum for you matey! smile

What you looking to improve about the car? everything, or something in particular (eg. performance, asthetics etc..)?
Posted By: fordsteve Re: need help - 29th Jan 2007 9:42am
tar mate think i want to start off improving the performance
Posted By: CustomIce Re: need help - 29th Jan 2007 9:44am
Have you sorted the cold air feed directly to the filter?

possibly uprate the HT leads or grounding looms to improve the overall electrical conductivity of the system.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: need help - 29th Jan 2007 12:40pm
i'd go for a exhaust for the time being, none of the custom ones though just a simple system, then a 200cell sports cat (so you have no problems with the emissions)

you could try the likes of the mondeo owners club for ideas on a remap but i think the engine is a black top ecu (same as the fiesta st) which is not easy to map (dreamscience has done a remap for the st so you maybe inluck)

the cold feed will help but imho i'd change it for a panel filter with a better cold air feed.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: need help - 29th Jan 2007 5:59pm
Sorry matey, but I really think you bought the wrong car for performance, of enhancing its current performance frown

The ST or at least a 2.0 would have more punch.

An induction kit is a start, though anything short of a full exhaust will make minimal differences. Basic principals are air + fuel = Power. The more efficeiantly the car can get those 2 together per cycle the better.

Dont know much about the new engines, though the Duratec engine is ment to be one of the best blocks around, it just what people do to them that makes them go so well....
Posted By: scoop Re: need help - 4th Feb 2007 7:30pm
personally mate,i'd only do a panel filter and an exhaust (end i'd do those more for the noise than the "performance" gain. tuning small N/A engines on the cheap is massively over hyped
Posted By: fordsteve Re: need help - 4th Feb 2007 7:55pm
ok tar mate thank for that been looking around for decent exhaust anyway
© Wirral-Wikiwirral