Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan nitrouse advice - 16th Dec 2006 9:30pm
As you have prob gathered the herald is going to be nossed. So far have purchased bottle, 16ft 4an hose, bottle adapter nut,nos purge kit. I realised this is possibly a cheaper way than buying a complete kit as all part go really cheap seperatley on ebay. I realised that my purge kit uses the powershot solenoid all be it is the cheapest it is still described as good for upto 150bhp which would suit me fine and the solenoids are only £50 compared to the wizards of nos which are £140. Ive been looking at various kits avalable and the ones Ive seen are either a plate kit which is sandwiched between the carb or manifold or one which goes to a distribution block and then has a nos fogger nozzle on each inlet which mean I need 8 at £30 each which is quite expensive. Have considered using the one fogger nozzle and get the v8 injection engine fitted to make thing cheaper. But could I use the one fogger nozzle after the carb and before the fillter unlike the plate kit which uses it between the carb and engine????
Posted By: Scooby Re: nitrouse advice - 16th Dec 2006 11:17pm
Originally Posted by Johnny Alan
But could I use the one fogger nozzle after the carb and before the fillter unlike the plate kit which uses it between the carb and engine????

Dosnt make sence, do you mean after the air filter but before the carb ?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: nitrouse advice - 17th Dec 2006 11:34am
yes, but all the kits ive seen dnt do this, only when its efi. I was thinking that it could be due to the fact that if I had a blow back on a carburated engine and had the nozzle positioned in the same area as you would on the efi kits it would be quite a explosion if the nos was injecting at the same time.
Posted By: Cochyn Re: nitrouse advice - 29th Dec 2006 4:32pm
Quite simply put, if you don't know what your doing, and actually second guess yourself, you shouldn't be playing with Nitrous.

I've been fitting kits for a good while now, and always do things by the book. Do anything else, and expect your engine to go kaaaboooom!

The single shot system, which I assume your fitting will have a fogger that mounts closely to the throttle body, so when you flick the switch and activate the system, it will suck in the fuel/Nitrous mixture....which should be spot on, as the system should be jetted by the book! wink
Posted By: tony_220 Re: nitrouse advice - 29th Dec 2006 7:41pm
my engine dont suck tease
Posted By: scoop Re: nitrouse advice - 29th Dec 2006 10:45pm
i've heard fitting NOS to carbed engines is considerabley harder than EFI'd engines. How many carbs does the engine in the herald have/
Posted By: grizz Re: nitrouse advice - 30th Dec 2006 8:33am
What engine are you going to use ? call me if you need any help. grizz
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: nitrouse advice - 4th Jan 2007 12:11pm
I have solved the problem now have got a plate kit to suit cheers anywayz
Posted By: DavidB Re: nitrouse advice - 5th Jan 2007 12:22am
I have a guide on Nos for carb'd engines, I can scan it for you if you want, or put it up as a guide. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral