Forums
Posted By: DavidB How much would this cost? - 6th Dec 2006 8:20pm
After recently having the insurance company writing my Astra off, I haven't had it back on the road at all. It's done 1000 miles in nearly two years. I also discovered it had been written off before, and it was only when I put a normal boot on did I notice were it had been damaged. The whole panel underneath the boot had been replaced. The job was pretty good, as in three years I didn't even notice it, but it was a total bodge. The boot lines up funny, and you need to give it a good slam to close it. This presses against the parcel shelf and it's now bent.
The chassis is straight, it's just obviously had a bump in the old boot, and it's bent the metal a bit. All it needs is pulling out about 1cm, this would sort the whole thing out.
Does anyone know of anywhere that can re-jig that panel. I've thought about tying it up to a tree and all that.
Posted By: Scooby Re: How much would this cost? - 6th Dec 2006 10:48pm
Automotion have a Jig and could pull it out for you, However it dosnt come cheap. I think the minimum is about £100 as it takes a while to set it all it etc....

Give them a call 0151-666-2266 ask for Pete (Owner)

Allot of our members use him as he does a spot on Job
Posted By: DavidB Re: How much would this cost? - 15th Dec 2006 1:18am
I'll give them a buzz, I thought it was going to cost more. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral