Forums
Posted By: granny Charles Thompson Toy Appeal - 21st Oct 2018 11:35pm

'

Attached picture 44179932_1366703760132008_1618858166970220544_n.jpg
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Charles Thompson Toy Appeal - 22nd Oct 2018 12:14pm
Can't understand why they only want new toys and how and where they (not needed?) would be sold.
I would have thought well looked after used toys (when wrapped in xmas paper) would be welcomed by needy younger children, if that is who the toys are for.
Not sure if the mission mainly caters for homeless and folks really down and out now.
I can remember over 60 years ago kids (myself included) from around that area ( the homes that were there having been demolished 1960/70?) would go to there at Christmas time and everyone came away with a box of toys.
Went in there not too long ago for a nostalgic visit but memory failed me on how it used to look.
Every admiration for how it used to be and still being used.
Posted By: cools Re: Charles Thompson Toy Appeal - 22nd Oct 2018 12:30pm
I agree with you on this Derek... These appeals that say some kids wouldn't have a toy on Xmas day without your help! The older kids I understand want new stuff and why wouldn't they , but babies and tots, you go into charity shops and you see Fisher Price , VTech toys which last for years for sometimes a couple of pounds , I myself have bought and donated these toys. With good wash and new batteries they look like new. I appreciate every parent would like to be able to buy new but no child with abit of thought and effort should be without in Xmas day and if mum and dad short it money well they can buy lots for little one. A big bow and Xmas paper little one doesn't know.....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral