Forums
Posted By: martinharris Acting Classes for Adults - 27th Aug 2018 2:25pm
Acting Classes for adults start in Hoylake on 20th September and are on every Thursday.

Run by local charity, Rocket Theatre, afternoon and evening sessions are available. Beginners and those with experience welcome.

Full details at www.adultactingclasses.co.uk
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Acting Classes for Adults - 27th Aug 2018 9:55pm
I recall as a schoolboy being taken to see a performance of 'Macbeth' It was being done for 'O' level English Lit I think.it may have been the Welsh national theatre company unless I am doing them an injustice.

The play lived up to its reputation. The scenery collapsed at one point. Lady M. forgot her lines only to have them shouted out by the audience some of whom had taken the trouble to study the play. The king, Duncan (??), got a fit of the giggles and there were numerous other 'events' which added mightily to the fun. The high point was Banquo getting waylaid and stabbed. He collapsed dramatically covered in stage blood, and the curtains swept together. Leaving the corpse in full view of the auditorium. "Call an ambulance!" came the cry from the audience, only to be followed by another for a hearse. Someone cried he's alive I can see him breathing (you could) "Come back!" came the cry "Finish 'im off!" The corpse began to visibly twitch with laughter until eventually, he rose from the dead to thunderous applause, grinning mightily, gave a low bow and slipped from view between the curtains.

I've seen it since of course done properly and it wasn't half as much fun.
Posted By: granny Re: Acting Classes for Adults - 29th Aug 2018 9:50am

This sounds really good . It could keep the old dears off the streets in an afternoon.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Acting Classes for Adults - 29th Aug 2018 3:57pm
I would have thought the 'old dears' could give the classes. Love that story Ex.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral