Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 2nd May 2018 10:06pm
Shippons is holding a cider and sausage fayre Bank Holiday monday in Irby Village.. Sausages by Muffs Butchers.... Plus its a Thwaites pub.for a .decent pint. Sorry didnt spot times
Posted By: granny Re: Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 3rd May 2018 7:37am
Haven't been to the Shippons for years , but they seem to come up with ideas. Do you go there, Fish ? Thanks for letting us know, but stay away from the pork . frown
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 3rd May 2018 9:02am
I don't put "Thwaites" and "decent pint" together!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 7th May 2018 7:57am
Originally Posted by granny
Haven't been to the Shippons for years , but they seem to come up with ideas. Do you go there, Fish ? Thanks for letting us know, but stay away from the pork . frown

Dont go very often although know plenty who go for the food offers they do and say its value for money..

Gibbo....one of best pints i remember having was thwaites at rose and crown bebington about 30 years ago..admit the last couple i had at shippons were not the same..chenged their brewing methods or the recipe ?
Posted By: venice Re: Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 9th May 2018 10:01am
Weve been a couple of times in the last year . You wouldnt expect Cordon Bleu obviously as price is so very reasonable (£6.95 for 2 courses) but the particular dishes we've had have been nicely cooked and tasty. It has same owners and run on the same lines as The Wheatsheaf in Ness , but we prefer the Shippon food and surroundings. Always busy so booking essential. You can take a dog if you book a table in the 'dogs allowed ' area.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 11th May 2018 1:36pm
The place was heaving but i walked in and walked straight out again without testing cider or sausage because i didnt read the sign which said live band playing and the noise was way too loud (getting old)
Yes, we've walked from there a couple of times because of noise from one source or another.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Cider and Sausages.. Shippons Irby may 7th - 11th May 2018 10:14pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Yes, we've walked from there a couple of times because of noise from one source or another.

same here.. wanted quiet beer with brother and way too loud, walked over road to Anchor and yet another musician but thank fully was on his last song..I suppose its good the pubs give local musicians a stage.
Will never complain again about the cheesy music in an indian restaurant
© Wirral-Wikiwirral