Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX #ShopNewFerry - 22nd Mar 2018 11:26pm

24 March at 9:00 to 31 March at 17:00

One year ago the close community of New Ferry was shattered by a huge explosion. There were serious injuries, families lost their homes, some forever & many still unable to return, and local businesses were lost or damaged. For those now reopened, the impact continues to badly affect them due to reduced footfall around the blast site.

Finally the boardings around the site are coming down, and we want the people of Wirral to once again show their support for the community by visiting New Ferry during the anniversary week to see the wide range of small independent shops and services here. If everyone bought one item in one of our shops, it would be a real boost, and once you see what New Ferry has to offer, you'll hopefully come back again.
Posted By: venice Re: #ShopNewFerry - 23rd Mar 2018 1:11pm
Shall try and make a point of it .
Posted By: fish5133 Re: #ShopNewFerry - 23rd Mar 2018 6:42pm
are the car parks still free? would be a nice gesture by council if they arent.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: #ShopNewFerry - 23rd Mar 2018 7:12pm
I loved going to the New Ferry charity shops before the gas explosion, and I've really missed it, I always found some really good stuff there. It's great to hear that shops are now reopening, and I'll definitely be making a trip there. happy
Posted By: missmahjong Re: #ShopNewFerry - 24th Mar 2018 2:43pm
Gold-moon , I agree with you , I always get /got good stuff from the charity shops , one of my little hobbies ..lol .Been going to Whiston hospital regular lately , ALOT in the shopping centre before Knotty Ash , never got the chance to go and voew ..
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: #ShopNewFerry - 24th Mar 2018 4:53pm
Well, I've been for a mooch and found a few nice things to buy. smile Only some of the shops are back open, but the former Co-op has been made into a big charity shop with furniture in, AND the car park is still free, so it's well worth a visit! thumbsup
Posted By: cools Re: #ShopNewFerry - 24th Mar 2018 5:18pm
Did you visit The Age Concern charity shop Goldmoon? Just in case you don't know it's next to the post office on new Chester road, opposite Iceland. Some good bargains in there.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: #ShopNewFerry - 24th Mar 2018 11:30pm
Great news. Copy/ Paste from friend who owns business there:

'Woohoo! We had the best Saturday since before the explosion. Thanks to everyone who came out & supported us & New Ferry <3'
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: #ShopNewFerry - 25th Mar 2018 12:30am
@cools - Ooh no, I missed that one! Mind you, it WAS a last minute decision to go so I didn't get there until around 2pm... I'll have to get there earlier next time.

@RUDEBOX - Aww bless them! It was my pleasure, I've missed them! happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral