Forums
Posted By: granny Pantomime At Floral - 29th Dec 2017 3:28pm
Went to the Pantomime at the Floral on Tuesday.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole performance. Scenery was great with plenty of changes to keep the youngsters attentions. Special effects with sparkle and twinkly lights, smoke and wire flying, wizzes and bangs were more than enough to create the magical mood and whisk the kiddies off to the enchanted land of make believe.

Only one complaint, the orchestra were so very loud they drowned the voices and words of the songs. The singers tried to sing louder to the point of shouting. In the end it was in many parts just ear penetrating, with noise . In fact my granddaughter had her hands covering her ears at times.

Much preferred it to Disney on Ice (Frozen) last year. Never again, a complete disappointment and expensive.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Pantomime At Floral - 30th Dec 2017 1:24am
oh no you didnt !
Posted By: granny Re: Pantomime At Floral - 30th Dec 2017 11:37am

Oh yes I did !
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Pantomime At Floral - 31st Dec 2017 6:34pm
Saw it this afternoon with grandkiddies, who loved it. I agree with Granny over the instruments drowning out the vocals; otherwise a great show. My younger grandson was paying far too much attention to the acrobatic clowning for my peace of mind; I have a feeling he'll be launching himself off the sofa at some point! As long as he doesn't think he can fly...!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral