Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 7:38pm
Liverpool and Wirral Councils joining forces to have a spectacular firework display on the river Mersey. Could be good with usual traffic headache
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 7:43pm
Not for me! laugh re. parking.

More info:Culture Liverpool at Liverpool City Council and Wirral are joining forces on a very special event – and there will be fireworks…

This event on 5 November 2016 will be one of the most defining events of 2016 on the River Mersey as come together to stage an unforgettable fireworks celebration!

Exact details are currently under wraps - we will be announcing more soon so watch this space for more event updates but we promise it will be an incredibly spectacle for both sides of the Mersey.

Star Fireworks, one of the most successful and experienced firework display companies in Europe and the current British Fireworks Champion of Champions will be delivering the fireworks show.

There will be lots to see and do from our event partners Liverpool ONE, Albert Dock, Liverpool BID Company and Birkenhead First - watch this space for more news!

For more information visit the official Culture Liverpool website http://www.cultureliverpool.co.uk/news/river-of-light/
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 7:45pm
I'll park at my mum's & walk down
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 8:10pm
Originally Posted by starakita

It may be getting to your mums that could be the difficult bit!.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 8:27pm
Originally Posted by fish5133

It's all in the planning, Fish. Those of us with a drive to spare (2 cars) can entertain 'guests' before the rush begins. And believe me, the amount of cars that turn up to the popular riverside events immediately prior to the start is unbelievable!!! It.Is. Chaos!!

Usual suspects may apply within for the use of my drive! #BaconButties
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 8:45pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by fish5133

It's all in the planning, Fish. Those of us with a drive to spare (2 cars) can entertain 'guests' before the rush begins. And believe me, the amount of cars that turn up to the popular riverside events immediately prior to the start is unbelievable!!! It.Is. Chaos!
Usual suspects may apply within for the use of my drive! #BaconButties
My mum lives by central station so it's not to bad walking down to Woodside.Can see all the traffic chaos being round there
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 29th Sep 2016 10:45pm
The sensible place to hold this would be in the middle of the river off Otterspool on barges. There, both sides of the Mersey have excellent access to the river from Tranmere to Bromborough docks on the Wirral side and all along the river frontage from Brunswick dock to Garston on the Liverpool side. This would maximise the number of people who could enjoy it whilst minimising the traffic problems.

What is the betting that it takes place between Pierhead and Woodside though!

Local councils are not just stupider than you think. They are stupider than you CAN think!

Posted By: sonylegs Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 30th Sep 2016 3:17pm
Waste of money. Did they use the bedroom tax to pay for the fireworks?. One minute your moaning about the council wasting money and now they really do send the pennies up in smoke your, all for it.. hypocrites.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 30th Sep 2016 4:46pm
Originally Posted by sonylegs
Waste of money. Did they use the bedroom tax to pay for the fireworks?. One minute your moaning about the council wasting money and now they really do send the pennies up in smoke your, all for it.. hypocrites.

It is a waste/use of money ...bit like smoking but hey ho loads will still enjoy it
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 30th Sep 2016 5:02pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
The sensible place to hold this would be in the middle of the river off Otterspool on barges. There, both sides of the Mersey have excellent access to the river from Tranmere to Bromborough docks on the Wirral side and all along the river frontage from Brunswick dock to Garston on the Liverpool side. This would maximise the number of people who could enjoy it whilst minimising the traffic problems.

What is the betting that it takes place between Pierhead and Woodside though!

Local councils are not just stupider than you think. They are stupider than you CAN think!

You can bet your bottom dollar it will be at Woodside & pier head & the Stenna boat will be blocking the view
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 12th Oct 2016 10:47pm
Details of where to view the "River of Light" fireworks display planned to take place on barges moored in the Mersey have been released.

Hamilton Square/Woodside Ferry Terminal.

Albert Dock Salthouse Quay.

Mann Island, Liverpool.

Princes Parade, Liverpool.

From 5.30pm, on November 5, world-renowned drummers Les Commandos Percu and Deabru Beltzak will set off from outside Liverpool Town Hall along a city centre route filled with music, lights and fireworks, ending at the waterfront.

Sounds a bit daft concentrating all Wirral folk into woodside although plenty of parking not too far away.

Posted By: granny Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 26th Oct 2016 3:03pm
Absolute nightmare ! Woodside being pretty restricted viewing too. But hey ho ! Liverpool got our Council to help and contribute our cash for their tourism trade . I bet there are a fair number of businesses that will benefit in Liverpool from this, I doubt there will be many in Wirral.

Also interesting to know how much this event it will cost for policing. That doesn't come cheap either.

....and Liscard may go without a Christmas Tree ! The council could have donated a tree and help the local businesses that they are so concerned about. santa

(lasting a bit longer than an hour)
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 26th Oct 2016 6:34pm
Apparently the street entertainment is by woodside and the fireworks can be viewed woodside to new brighton..
Posted By: granny Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 26th Oct 2016 9:33pm
Depending on the numbers, there is hardly any viewing area without the terminal blocking the view. To the right of the terminal there is more, but very little stretch to the left and if they have entertainment at Woodside, I assume that will be on the forecourt.

[Linked Image]

To the right

[Linked Image]

To the left

[Linked Image]
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 26th Oct 2016 9:53pm
most people go to the left at Woodside.you can go right along to the Irish ferry terminal but then if one of the ferries is in,it blocks the view.It would be interesting to know how far down the river the fireworks are going to be as they say you can see them from New Brighton but if they are in the usual place opposite the Liver building you won't get as good a view although I suppose they will be seen.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 31st Oct 2016 4:25pm

Attached picture River of Light.jpg
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 1st Nov 2016 9:42pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mob-70-teenagers-terrorise-wallasey-12112911#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Lets all hope the idiots who did this stay away - but they won't
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 1st Nov 2016 10:21pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mob-70-teenagers-terrorise-wallasey-12112911#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Helpful smile You think hundreds if not thousands of adults would let this type of behaviour go un-challenged at this Event? Maybe, you be best staying in your own garden waving a Sparkler (don't forget to wear thick gloves and prepare a bucket of water or sand, beforehand).

Really? Any need for your post? Indeed, any relevence to the Event publicised?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 1st Nov 2016 10:29pm
Originally Posted by oldpm01

What's the point of the police creating a dispersal zone unless they put in the manpower to enforce it? Crime prevention turned into a paperwork exercise.

CLICKY
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 4th Nov 2016 10:13pm
No parking along one side of the road between seacombe and new brighton. Tides out so beach will be available. Forecast ok ish.

Looks will be busy around Cinema and shops and down to vale park with the entertainment

Options: drive and park and walk, bus, train, go early, ferries might have been a nice option but not running, stay at home in warm feet up with a takeaway.

All for 20 minute fireworks
Posted By: granny Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 6:54pm
For those sitting at home. try this live

[youtube]sf5fEmEqJFk&feature=[/youtube]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 6:59pm
Or https://www.facebook.com/tony.mcdonough.1481/videos/1812940282310274/
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 9:09pm
We went down to Woodside to watch,they were good but don't think as spectacular as they were making it out to be.I believe there were a lot of complaints from the Liverpool side.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 9:38pm
Dubbed the #RiverOfShite

Completely under-whelmed. All that build up and it has left many disappointed. I see lots of fireworks on the Mersey- when cruise ships depart and the likes- and it was nothing 'special'.

Bring back the Community Events in Parks.
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 10:03pm
I hope next year we do have them back in the parks wish they would bring back the bonfire as well.
Posted By: alan128 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 10:10pm
who placed the three barges, I thought at least one might be in front of the three graces

Attached picture untitled-28.jpg
Posted By: rocks Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 5th Nov 2016 10:23pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Bring back the Community Events in Parks.

withthat im still fuming and even worse now iv just read birkenhead park is back on tomoz as i wouldnt have wasted mine and the kids time today
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 6th Nov 2016 8:18am
That's why I thought Woodside would be a good place to be.......wrong! Hundreds of others obviously thought the same and a lot were leaving the area after ten minutes. Thought it would be all sky rocket stuff but there was long periods when buildings were in the way of the low lying stuff. Total waste of tax payers money. The public transport system was in lock down and the car traffic was horrendous. Couldn't organise the proverbial........
Posted By: jaki12 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 6th Nov 2016 9:33am
Myself and family went to see the fireworks.We were at the bottom of Dalmorton road on the front and the view was spectacular.
Brilliant display. everyone enjoyed it.
Posted By: alan128 Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 6th Nov 2016 10:03am
I agree with everything you said I also left early as a waste of time due to not being on sea front.
Think they missed a trick not using the three graces as a backdrop to the fireworks
As fireworks were paid for by corporate sponsorship what did Wirral council pay for????
Posted By: starakita Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 6th Nov 2016 3:52pm
Me& my daughter were standing down on the right side of the ferry terminal,there wasn't as many people on that side as there was on the other side were we usually go for these events & my daughter isn't good in large crowds as she's autistic.We had a good view of the fireworks even the low ones but the way they were banging on about it I was expecting something more spectacular.The ones last night were not much more than the usual ones they have for the cruise ships
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Fireworks Nov 5th On River Mersey - 7th Nov 2016 7:22pm
The low ones was a drum band, it was fantastic! So much so that the fireworks where always going to be second fiddle!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral