Forums
Posted By: Greenwood Carols on the farm with Salvation Army - 18th Dec 2015 10:28pm
It's a first for Tam O'Shanter Urban Farm, Boundary Road, Bidston, CH43 7PD - the Salvation Army Band is coming to lead traditional carol singing on Monday 21st December at 6pm. Entry is free, donations to the Salvation Army and the farm are welcomed. Refreshments available. Please wrap up warm - well I say that, but given the recent weather, who knows?! - and bring a torch. The path to the farmyard is lit, but the lane from Boundary Road is not. Should be a good experience, in a pleasant setting. If coming by car, please park sensibly.
Posted By: granny Re: Carols on the farm with Salvation Army - 18th Dec 2015 11:03pm
How lovely. Closer to the story of the nativity , than much else. I bet the animals will enjoy it too, they like music.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Carols on the farm with Salvation Army - 20th Dec 2015 4:53pm
The event will end with a live Nativity tableau (presumably with a 'here's one we prepared earlier' baby!) in the animal house, I'm told - that will be something very different for the farm. I hope we get a good number of people showing up. Access to the farm after dark is very rare, and quite special.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Carols on the farm with Salvation Army - 21st Dec 2015 8:59pm
Quick word - it was fantastic! Went really well and I hope the Salvation Army will want to come and do it again next year, though the weather might not be so obliging.
Posted By: granny Re: Carols on the farm with Salvation Army - 21st Dec 2015 11:21pm
Very pleased Greenwood. It makes the effort all worth while. Sally Army are always good. Happy Christmas
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Carols on the farm with Salvation Army - 21st Dec 2015 11:35pm
Yes gran, I always support the Sally Ann.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral