Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Lantern Parade, Liverpool. 1st March - 28th Feb 2014 8:16pm
Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse theatre have said : We’re working with Liverpool Lantern Company, Walk the Plank and Sense of Sound for our LIGHTS UP parade this Saturday 1st March. Start the parade from the Playhouse at 7.00pm, join us along the way (Church St, Bold St, Leece St, Rodney St) or meet us outside the Everyman for around 7.30 – 7.45pm to celebrate lighting up the new theatre.

http://liverpooldaysout.co.uk/events/lights-lantern-parade/

Posted By: Santos Re: Lantern Parade, Liverpool. 1st March - 1st Mar 2014 2:24pm
Hope its better than the one they held at New Brighton which was awful and left a lot of very disappointed people including me and my family.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lantern Parade, Liverpool. 1st March - 1st Mar 2014 2:29pm
withthat yes, the new Brighton one was dire.... frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lantern Parade, Liverpool. 1st March - 1st Mar 2014 8:56pm
Lantern Parade was rubbish imho, even the photos turned out mainly rubbish.
There was a 'lady', a 'cat' and enthusiastic youths running amok with giant keys- and they were late so we had to go just as they turned up due to parking ticket expiry.

We had a laugh though and had some rather nice chippy chips from Bootle wink Thanks to Missy for the lift and lovely to see the little fella.

Attached picture everyman lanterns lpool 012 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lantern Parade, Liverpool. 1st March - 1st Mar 2014 10:10pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/what...-liverpool-re-opened-projections-6761959
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Lantern Parade, Liverpool. 1st March - 2nd Mar 2014 9:46am
Well i have just read the Echo Article above ... the was NO introduction of either the children's or adult choir's, no-one see med to know the order of events .< we thought there should have a leafLet let or someone on a tannoy >and we never saw 300 lanterns.. the parade was a disappointment to be honest .. The actors on the big screen was good and their were plenty of people in high viz tops .But their is an open day from 11 till 5 to go inside and look around .which would be good ,hope to find the time...<busy>
© Wirral-Wikiwirral