Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX International Womens Day - 26th Feb 2014 4:44pm

Attached picture Womens Day 2014 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: missmahjong Re: International Womens Day - 26th Feb 2014 4:51pm
Will have to get there earlier this time......LOL
Posted By: missmahjong Re: International Womens Day - 7th Mar 2014 8:21pm
Went to this to-day with my granddaughter , enjoyed it , we had a manicure , hair straightened ,back massage and a henna design on hand .Very nice lunch ,plenty of activities for everyone , very diverse day , fashion show of different cultures..Belly dancing etc.Anyone else go...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: International Womens Day - 7th Mar 2014 8:53pm
I went too, as a rep of one of the 'Wirral Change' 'partners' so I was largely stuck behind our Stall, until back-up arrived lol.

I did manage to get my hair cut..I enjoyed the Boxercise display (you too were having your nails done)which has inspired me to dust off my Davina DVD!! laugh

I also enjoyed the Belly Dancer- she was FAB, very entertaining.

Missed the dinner and the cupcake frown

All in all, was a fab day celebrating how far women have come fighting for equality and also celebrating cultural diversities.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: International Womens Day - 8th Mar 2014 10:18am
Would have liked to have seen the 'boxercise 'display , did not see that on the ' itinerary '.....The 'cupcake ' was a nice idea to say thanks for you support , but i didn't like the 'blue' cream..lol
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: International Womens Day - 9th Mar 2014 4:04pm
Yesterday I went to the one at The Bluecoat. Liverpool John Moores put on Lectures about women pirates, and also on the scope of the work of Eleanor Rathbone. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine sent a team to share how they work in various countries to enhance the lives of women.
I did not stay for the other lectures but went to see the various contributors to the day- support for domestic abuse, HIV support, craft stalls etc. 'design a vagina' stall stuck me as a bit odd.Think fuzzy felt is more my forte!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: International Womens Day - 9th Mar 2014 6:46pm
Damn inconvenience--had to cook my own tea and wash up afterwards!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: International Womens Day - 9th Mar 2014 8:21pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
'design a vagina' stall stuck me as a bit odd.Think fuzzy felt is more my forte!
Intrigued yet slightly disturbed!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral