Forums
Posted By: Mark Firework Displays 2013 - 5th Jun 2013 12:26pm
Wirral Community Firework Displays

Wirral Council fireworks displays will take place on 5th November. The fireworks start at 6.30 at the venues listed below. Admission is free.
Lingham Park, Upton - Fireworks only
Upton Park, Moreton - Fireworks only
Woodchurch Leisure Centre - Fireworks only
Birkenhead Park - Fireworks only
Central Park, Wallasey - Fireworks only
Mersey Park, Tranmere - Fireworks only
Mayer Park, Bebington - Fireworks only
Leasowe Adventure Playground - Fireworks and bonfire

More details : Click me
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 5th Jun 2013 1:20pm
Council cuts?

Well stop these crass waste of money going up in smoke!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 5th Jun 2013 1:36pm
Originally Posted by DJDuck
Council cuts?

Well stop these crass waste of money going up in smoke!
Bah Humbug! Why not cancel Christmas as well.The organised events are a great opportunity for families to enjoy themselves.It's the cockheads who start detonating their explosions months before "Bonny night" that need clamping down on,and of course the retail outlets selling fireworks too early.
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 5th Jun 2013 4:18pm
Ban the whole thing, celebrating a failed attempt to blow up parliament is hardly a great advert especially these days when we have all sorts looking for an excuse to carry out acts of terrorism.
Posted By: rover644 Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 5th Jun 2013 6:22pm
Always enjoyed it me. My dad used to take me when i was a nipper and i have always took my kids and no doubt they will do the same, unless the ban it, waste of money, blah, blah have their wicked way.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 5th Jun 2013 8:41pm
Whether you like fireworks or not (and who doesn't?) if you are at all concerned with how WBC spends the taxpayers' money, it'd be quite interesting to know the total cost, once it's all over and done with (considering that WBC has been making a big deal out of finding ways to balance the budget, or at least reduce the deficit?)

"...this year there is a ‘gap’ of £25 million between our income and projected spend." (wirral.gov.uk)

Can WBC really justify burning money (literally!) on fireworks displays (and presumably, policing them, etc) when they are having to cut other things?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 9th Jun 2013 12:40am
Paid for out of all council workers having to take 4 unpaid days leave per annum
Posted By: Katryn Re: Firework Displays 2013 - 9th Jun 2013 7:38pm
Originally Posted by DJDuck
Ban the whole thing, celebrating a failed attempt to blow up parliament is hardly a great advert especially these days when we have all sorts looking for an excuse to carry out acts of terrorism.

In this day and age it wouldnt be a bad thing especially if David Cameron is inside!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral