Forums
Posted By: MarathonMan Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby Team - 18th Mar 2013 1:31pm
On Thursday
21st March Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby team are having a meet and
greet at Leasowe recreation centre at 8pm.
There will be a chance to see what roller derby is all about meet some
of the team and have a skate as well.
We train usually twice a week in New Ferry Village Hall and Leasowe Rec.
You don't need to be able to skate we will even teach you that as well
all abilities welcome. We have a men's and women's team so invite your
partners as well.
It's a great way to meet new people play the fastest growing sport in
the UK and get fit at the same time. We have a certain amount of kit
also available to loan while you get started but if you have your own
skates feel free to bring them along.

So just as a reminder it's 8pm Thursday 21st March at Leasowe Rec.

Come along and have some fun.
Posted By: kissack84 Re: Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby Team - 18th Mar 2013 5:28pm
Hi i would be interested in joining the team. when are you next at new ferry for me to come and try out.
Posted By: MarathonMan Re: Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby Team - 18th Mar 2013 8:00pm
We do our intakes about every 6 weeks we don't allow people to join mid intakes as this throws out the training as everyone starts at the bottom and works there way up to ensure everyone covers all the basics and safety stuff.
If you can't make Thursday search for us on Facebook that will show all up and coming events and intakes
Posted By: ynwa96 Re: Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby Team - 21st Mar 2013 11:09pm
Hi, I may be interested also. Do you have a phone number so I can speak to someone as I don't have facebook, thanks in advance!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby Team - 24th May 2013 8:59pm
Hi there will be another meet and greet coming up soon. It will be at Leasowe Leisure Centre. This is a womens and mens team - trying to build a mens team up so come on guys, don't be afraid to come and have a look!!

Check us out on Facebook for date to be announced:
https://www.facebook.com/WIRRAL.ROLLER.DERBY.TEAM?fref=ts

I joined in January with limited experience of skating (last skated when I was about 13!). I'd say I'm pretty nippy on skates now. I warn you though - it is challenging but loads of fun! I've lost about half a stone since I joined and my legs are getting seriously toned flex I have never felt this fit in my life! I'm in my late 30s so don't be put off thinking you might be too old for it. All you need is the belief that you can do it! pray You will change your body and your mind. You'll find energy you didn't think you had!

Go Whips!!

Attached picture 558563_356030074471750_1886973364_n.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral