Forums
Posted By: Weeman 1st Royal Tank Regiment - Liverpool - Sat 1 Dec - 26th Nov 2012 6:03pm
This Saturday the 1st December soldiers from 1 Royal Tank Regiment (My old Army Regiment) will parading in Liverpool to mark there return from a 3 month tour of Afghanistan, this may be the LAST time they march in Liverpool as 1 RTR as they are due to amalgamate next year with 2 RTR.
This is your local Tank Regiment and I hope you can spare some time to cheer the troops on.
11:50 - 1RTR form up at the Anglican Cathedral
12:00 - Parade of 1 RTR starts.....
Upper Duke St - Hope St - Mount Pleasant - Lime St - Hood St - Crosshall St - Churchill Way - Dale St and the Parade ends at Exchange Flags at 13:00hrs
**FEAR NAUGHT** (Regimental Motto)
P.S. You can even be in my photos ;-)
Sorry its actually returning from a 7 Month tour and its G sqn 1 RTR.
I was about to say, 3 months! Why halva tour!?! Ha

Good on em an welcome home
Was at Exchange Flags. They were so smart. I thought the military band was lovely and the pipes and drums wonderful What was their tartan?
Yes was a great sight .It was the heavy cavalry and RTR band alongside the Pipes and drums, The Tartan was Hunting Rose Tartan of the Roses of Kilravock.
[Linked Image]
1st Royal Tank Regiment marches in Liverpool homecoming by gilly-de-fish, on Flickr
[Linked Image]
1st Royal Tank Regiment marches in Liverpool homecoming by gilly-de-fish, on Flickr

The rest of my photos are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/merseyside_rtr/sets/72157632175499263/
Thanks Weeman for the info and sharing your photos.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral